6.1 Beta and comments

rctneil
rctneil
Community Member

Hey!

Just some comments that I meant to post the day the 6.1 beta was released but ran out of time. Just before the 6.1 beta was released I had just returned from a short weeks holiday in Los Angeles and had ditched the beta for the trip (just to be on the safe side) and was going to say how nice it was to be back in the beta community, but I then read Nik's email the other day!

Also, I was going to come on here to post about a bug I found before I went away but I saw in the latest beta release notes that it had been fixed! Boy you guys are fast! Good work!

Ok, some comments:

• I don't like the icon for the "All vaults" vault. (Sorry). I feel like the 1Password icon is much more suited in this place as it shows instantly what the app is and is in a prominent position.

• How about an option for Vault Groups? I have five vaults:- Personal, Work, Work clients, Friends & Family, Past bookings. If I had the option to group vaults I could do so by splitting into two groups:- Home and Work. This would be excellent.

• If adding/editing an item whilst in "All Vaults" (or in a "Vault Group" if you take my idea), instead of choosing a vault to save into as part of Settings, why not allow users to pick a vault at that stage rather than force it to go into Primary or another preset vault and have to move it?

Can't wait to see your new features though! *Give us a hint! *wink wink** :-D

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrRooni
    edited October 2015

Good morning @rctneil! Thanks for taking the time to post such a nice note. I'll take your comments point-by-point:

1. I will pass on the feedback to our designers that you think they can do better. ;)
    2. This is an interesting idea, and something we may consider in the future.
    3. Had we kept the beta open for another few days you would have actually seen this feature show up.

As far as a hint goes...all i can say is stay tuned! :)

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

I will pass on the feedback to our designers that you think they can do better. ;)

No!, I didn't mean it like that! Please don;t take it the wrong way. I just meant that I feel like the 1Password logo should always be up there in that most prominent position. Maybe another type of variation on the logo to indicate "All Vaults".

This is an interesting idea, and something we may consider in the future.

I agree that it is interesting!

As far as a hint goes...all i can say is stay tuned! :)

Oh come on! Surely you can do better than that? ;-)

• Ha, no worries @rctneil, we take it all in good fun here. We love feedback like yours and will certainly take another look at it.

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

Now the beta's are back in action I just wanted to ensure my request for Vault groups is not lost. I think vault groups would be a great companion to All Vaults. I would love to have a group for Personal and another for Work, each consisting of multiple vaults!

• Good evening @rctneil. I will be sure that your request for Vault groups is recorded. Thanks for following up!

This discussion has been closed.