Backup file limit exceeded

I have set 1Password to perform a backup every day. I have the number of backup files to keep set at 10. I was setting up a backup routine to back these files up to another drive and noticed that there are 13 backup files in the backups folder under application support/1Password/backups. I am not sure why but I would think that 1Password would automatically delete the older backups over the 10 limit that I set. Is this the case and if so, any idea why the files over the 10 limit are not being deleted?

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited April 2011
    Gasport wrote:

I have set 1Password to perform a backup every day. I have the number of backup files to keep set at 10. I was setting up a backup routine to back these files up to another drive and noticed that there are 13 backup files in the backups folder under application support/1Password/backups. I am not sure why but I would think that 1Password would automatically delete the older backups over the 10 limit that I set. Is this the case and if so, any idea why the files over the 10 limit are not being deleted?

If I remember correctly it will not remove any backups prior to your change. Any created before that time will remain. There was a thread a while back about this. I looked thru 5 pages in the search feature but didnt see one that caught my eye as being the topic I was looking for.

Incidentally I have mine set to 10 and I have 11, but one of mine is a partial backup, then later that day it made a full backup so that eliminates my 11th one.

You may wish to see if you have any partials etc also.
  • Gasport
    Gasport
    Community Member
    thightower wrote:

If I remember correctly it will not remove any backups prior to your change. Any created before that time will remain. There was a thread a while back about this. I looked thru 5 pages in the search feature but didnt see one that caught my eye as being the topic I was looking for.

Incidentally I have mine set to 10 and I have 11, but one of mine is a partial backup, then later that day it made a full backup so that eliminates my 11th one.

You may wish to see if you have any partials etc also.

Just to make sure, I deleted 4 backup files and now have 9. We will see if it works now. Thanks...
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Please do let us know how it turns out!
This discussion has been closed.