Can't extract 3.8.22 upgrade

Options

Just upgraded to 10.11.1 from Mountain Lion. I downloaded Version 3.8.22 to upgrade from 3.8.21 but messages says: an error occurred while extracting the archive. Please try again.
I did, many times without success. Please advise.

1Password Version: 3.8.21
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Can't extract version 3.8.22

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@Jobo as your post relates to 1P3 I have moved the post from the 1Password for Mac forum to the 1P3 legacy forum where you will get more help. Probably the best place to start is by reading the AgileBits posts in this sticky at the top of the forum.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jobo: If you're having a problem extracting the .zip file, it will be one of two things: either the file was damaged during download (simply downloading a fresh copy will resolve this), or you have some sort of configuration issue on your Mac. In the latter case, you probably have some 3rd party app setup to decompress files, which is not doing a very good job. OS X has a built in Archive Utility. Just right-click the file and open it using that instead. And if that doesn't work, you've got a deeper problem, since that's part of the OS. Let me know what you find! :)

• Jobo
    Jobo
    Community Member
    Options

brenty--Thanks for replying. I don't think it's my extract software that's the problem. I've updated my third party apps to work with El Capitan but there is no 1PW file to extract from. In other words, the download goes fine, then it starts extracting and goes right to the end of the progress bar, but when it reaches the end, up comes the error message thatI noted above. So there is no file to try extracting from. I've download from both source and alternative source many times, all with the same zero result.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Jobo: Aha, thanks for clarifying! From your original description it sounded like you were trying to extract the zip file you'd downloaded yourself. We've made changes to the security infrastructure on our update servers in the years since 1Password 3 was discontinued, so you'll need to do just that: download the app directly from the AgileBits site.

You should be able to extract it just fine and drag it to your Applications folder to replace the older version. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Let me know how it turns out! :)

• Jobo
    Jobo
    Community Member
    Options

That worked fine. Thanks for your patience! And say Jolly to Roger for me.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Jobo,

I'm glad to see that Brenty was able to get you all sorted out - thanks for letting us know!

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.