IOS 9 interfering with password copy/paste?

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited November 2015 in Lounge

I would (like) feedback on the above issue that I'm experiencing.

I tried a number of sites like OneDrive web and discovered that I cannot paste into OneDrive from 1Password any more.

I am having this issue on iOS devices that I upgraded to iOS 9 (my iPad) so far.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: This is happening on websites? I just tried this at one drive.live.com and was able to paste my password. Are you maybe doing this in an app instead?

I know that apps blocking copy and paste is actually fairly common. And really the only recourse in these cases is to let the developers know that you'd like them to allow you to copy and paste your awesome passwords to stay more secure...or, better yet, ask them to add support for the 1Password extension. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty I will have to double check as I have only recently restored my iPad to iOS 9.1 sans apps at the moment.

I could have been mistaken as it looked like I was redirected to another page somewhere. I thought it was Mobile Safari.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Ah. I'm almost certain that this isn't anything new in iOS 9, however I have noticed a lot more cases of apps opening when I follow links. For example, most of the time when I follow an Amazon link now, it actually opens the app. So you may be ending up in an app which happens to block copy/paste without realizing it. Let me know what you find! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

@brenty Just an update. I tried OneDrive.com again and copy/paste does work about only <=10% of the time for me. The copy/paste is more reliable on iOS 8.4.1 with iPhone 5s. On the same site.

I'm using the iPad 4 with iOS 9.1.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Oh-ho! You're just having this issue on the iPad then? I'll give that a try...

OH MY GOD THAT IS ANNOYING!

Well...I think I see what you mean now. And I might even understand what the problem is. On an iPhone, I wasn't able to reproduce the problem earlier. But on the iPad, the OneDrive site seems to be using the desktop site, and something with the scripting (probably due to the "Password" placeholder text) is interacting badly with the touch events — rather, it isn't expecting touch events at all on the desktop site.

I don't think this is an issue with iOS 9 itself, since I'm not seeing copy/paste problems anywhere else. The site may simply not have been updated yet to handle an iOS 9 user-agent string appropriately, while iOS 8 has been around long enough for them to ensure it works there. At least that's my guess, as changing the browser string (in 1Browser) didn't help. :(

This discussion has been closed.