Keychain "Comments"

Importing from Keychain leaves "Comments" behind!
Hi Folks,

I just bought the family pack and both my wife and I noticed that when we import from Mac OS X Keychain, the comments we entered in Keychain don't seem to get imported. Did we do something wrong, are we not looking in the right place, or does 1Password not import them?

It would be a pain to go key by key to copy them over...

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Do you mean the optional Comments field of Password items in OS X Keychain or the Secure Note items?
  • jschaffe
    jschaffe
    Community Member
    sjk wrote:

Do you mean the optional Comments field of Password items in OS X Keychain or the Secure Note items?

The optional comments. Most of what we have are Web passwords. We put additional information, like challenge questions, in the comments field, and they don't appear in 1P's Notes field of the corresponding Web password, which is where I expected to see them.
  • sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    I'm not sure if it's possible to extract those comments from OS X Keychain entries, e.g. nothing jumps out with a quick scan of output from:

security dump-keychain -d

These developer documents are too daunting for me (non-developer) to determine more specifically what is/isn't possible:

Keychain Services Programming Guide: Introduction
    Keychain Services Reference

There's nothing about extracting Secure Notes on those or the security(1) Mac OS X Manual Page; they seem tied to Apple's own Keychain Access usage.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, jschaffe. Thank you for your feedback!

I will pass your feature request along to the developers. I'm sorry I don't have an immediate solution, but please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.
This discussion has been closed.