knox 2.2.0 for OSX 10.6.8 - looking for 1Password to run on OS X 10.6.8

Options
jmcrotty
jmcrotty
Community Member
edited November 2015 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I have downloaded the 30-day trial version of 1password (knox 2.2.0) for an old version of OSX (10.6.8). After floundering trying to follow instructions in the getting started article, I think that I have determined that I cannot run this older version of 1password with firefox 42 (an existing item in the forum confirms that the extension does not work after firefox 40 where "widget module" was removed.) First of all, am I correct that my current combination of software (OSX 10.6.8 and firefox 42) cannot be used with 1 password? If yes, since I'm pretty sure I want to implement 1 password, must I first upgrade to a more current version of the Mac OS? Thanks.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Options

@jmcrotty

I am confused, you have posted in the Knox forums, and included a Knox build number. But your question seems to be about 1Password and the extension when using FireFox.

Could you just clarify what it is exactly you need help with ? If its truly 1Password we can move this to the correct forums so you get help with the proper issue. If its Knox we can leave it here.

Awaiting your reply.

• jmcrotty
    jmcrotty
    Community Member
    Options

My objective was to download the 30-day trial of 1password. When I tried to do that I received a message that a more current version of OS X was required. But under the heading of "legacy" the agilebit website had a link downloads for users of older versions of OS X including 10.6.8. When I downloaded that, I got knox which I assumed was a predecessor version of 1password. So I set about trying to set it up but ran into the problem described in my original post. Is knox something other than a forerunner of the current 1password offering?

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jmcrotty, and welcome to the AgileBits Forum!

Sorry you had some mixup with downloading Knox instead of 1Password. I'm happy to help you get that sorted out.. :)

My objective was to download the 30-day trial of 1password.

You can download version 3.8.22 of 1Password from the Legacy section of the AgileBits Downloads page to use on your Mac that's running OS X 10.6.8:

The app will run in trial mode without any limitations for 30 days. After 30 days, it will run in restricted mode until you add your license. When you purchase a license for 1Password 5 for Mac from our AgileBits Store it includes a license to use with 1Password 3 for Mac. And if you eventually upgrade OS X on your Mac so you can run version 5 of 1Password you'll be all set with a license for that.

Is knox something other than a forerunner of the current 1password offering?

Knox and 1Password are different, separate products.

1Password is an application that securely stores and reliably manages your passwords and other personal data.

As the Knox FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) says:

Knox is an app that lets you easily create, access, and backup encrypted sparse bundles, which we call vaults. The vaults are great for storing large numbers of files of any size: confidential documents, source code, application data files, etc.

I hope that helps clear things up. :)

If you have other questions or would like more help with anything else be sure to let us know. Thanks!

PS - I've moved this thread from the Knox category to 1Password 3 for Mac.

This discussion has been closed.