Trouble seeing second Vault in the mobile app

JoeSC100
JoeSC100
Community Member

I just created a second Vault but I cannot see it in the mobile version. The Mac app created the vault and it does exist in my dropbox folder - I can see it both on my Mac and on my Android device, I installed the new 1Password app for Android but I can still only see my original Vault (the default one). One odd thing is that the Mac app created the .agilekeychain file for the shared vault under a folder in my dropbox, not in the dropbox top-level folder which is where the original .agilekeychain file exists... can I just move the SharedVault.agilekeychain up a level or is that a "Bad Thing" ?

Dropbox has:

• 1Password.agilekeychain (the orginal vault)
  • 1Password/SharedVault.agilekeychain (the new shared Vault)

Mac info:

• Yosemite 10.10.5
  • 1Password 5.4.1
  • Uses Dropbox for storage

Android:

• Samsung S5
  • Android version 5
  • Can see both .agilekeychain files on my dropbox from the device

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:can not see the second vault in the mobile app

Comments

• Hi @JoeSC100. Thanks for getting in touch with us and for your support of 1Password. :)

Currently 1Password 4 for Android does not have support for syncing multiple vaults, which is why you're only able to sync your primary vault.

1Password 4 for Android allows you to select your data folder from any path, but once you have selected the path, it does not allow you to change it without resetting the application. So if you decide to move your 1Password data folder to a different location after setting up 1Password for Android, you will need to reset all of 1Password's settings to set the new data location. This is the only way to set the new path at the moment.

If you'd like to switch which vault is syncing on your Android, you'll need to reset the app. To do so, go into your device Settings > Apps > 1Password and tap "Clear data".

Then you can go ahead and launch 1Password and reconfigure sync with your preferred vault.

That said, multiple vault support is one of our most often requested features on Android, and we'd love to see this in the future. I'll go ahead and add your vote.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

• JoeSC100
    JoeSC100
    Community Member

Thanks for the info... put me down for 1 vote for "multiple vault support in mobile apps" - or 100 votes if you can... :^)

"Think mobile first"... consider this as your new mantra.

Thanks.

Joe

• Thanks Joe. We will definitely include your vote for multiple vault support! :)

This discussion has been closed.