Unable to save new logins

Hello,
Been using 1Password4 on my Mac (Mavericks) without issue for over a year.

In the past 2 weeks though, I'm not able to save new logins from Firefox and Chrome. The 'save new login' prompt comes up, but it's blank/empty and I cannot type in the form field.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Craig

1Password Version: 4.4.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.9.5
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

@berryc please tell us:

Stephen

• berryc
    berryc
    Community Member

Hi Stephen,
    Firefox extension is 4.4.3

Thanks

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @berryc,

So I fired up 1Password 4 and Firefox to see what I could find. Everything seemed to behave as I expected so I'm going to add a couple of screenshots to see if we can better understand.

This is the window that first pops up.

This next one is after expanding for some more options and after I tested to see if all three would accept user input.

Is it literally the title field that isn't responding for you?

If you're seeing something quite different could you maybe take a screenshot to show us? Just be mindful that these forums are publicly viewable so you would want to ensure there is no personal or sensitive information visible.

• berryc
    berryc
    Community Member

Thanks for the followup.

My pop-up was working and it says 'Save new Login' but the title field is empty and wont' take any input - it's like it's locked.

So...

I just rebooted my computer – and all is working as it should again. Go figure. This has come up a couple times over the past couple weeks, so I'm wondering if I'm having a memory leak/issue on my machine.

I'll post back if it comes up again or I can reproduce it.

Thanks again,
    Craig

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @berryc,

I like your thinking! chuck in a reboot and see if it makes any difference. Sometimes a restart can do wonders and I think that generally OS X is reliable enough that a significant number of people rarely reboot at all. As in some people have uptime counts that look more like servers than laptops. I don't know why but I like to shut my machine down at the end of day so I don't tend to get bitten but it does take a little longer to boot up and of course I've had to shut down all my applications.

Please do let us know if it returns :smile:

This discussion has been closed.