Please improve search functionality on Android

deckerweb
deckerweb
Community Member

Hi Agile Bits team!

I've been using 1Password now for over one year on my devices (Mac, few Androids, Ubuntu Linux via Wine...) and totally loving it!

However, the search feature in Android is really bad to say the least...!

Currently, I have to go to "Categories", then "All items" and then I can search all items -- this is not how it should be. And, having over 600 items in a tresor, search is really essential!

Please, please make search in your Android app better and more intuitive!

• search input field should always be there once the app is opened
  • search should always search all fields of items automatically (filtering on mobile could or should be optional)

Also, other features like tags or smart folders on Android would be lifesavers (as compared to the Mac app for example).

I hope you could implement such improvements really soon as I see search feature essential - it would overall improve your Android app! :-)

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards,
David from Germany :)

1Password Version: 4.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Hi David! Quicker access to search has been heavily requested by our users and we are listening! As part of the material design changes, our team plans to discuss improving the availability of search and expanding search beyond just the item titles.

I will be passing on your suggestions for the discussion, and I’ll also include your request for Tags and Smart Folders. Thank you!

• badeen
    badeen
    Community Member

I use search to find almost everything in 1Password (see my iOS request for more detail on that) and on Android it seems to be buried. In the categories section I must drill down to a second level to expose search functionality. It is the most important button to me. I rarely add things on my phone let alone my Android which is my secondary phone. I would appreciate the addition of the search item without having to go into All items, logins, passwords, etc. Just as I requested for iOS I would think it might be nice to have that same search functionality in favorites (which would search everything.

note: The search in favorites isn't actually important to me because my only favorite is for my Apple ecosystem which is not used on my Android device. I can just imagine it would be nice for others who have a similar flow to my own on iOS.

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Marshmallow
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Thanks @badeen. I merged your thread, hope this answers your question! :)

This discussion has been closed.