Feature request: password archive

emitc2h
emitc2h
Community Member

Hello,

I recently moved from France to the United States, and I have a dozen accounts on French websites that I won't be using anymore. I do not wish to trash these logins, but I would like to hide them from the list of logins. Something like an archive would be pretty useful. I tried putting them in a separate directory, but they still show up in the login list (as you would expect). Keep up with the good work! You wouldn't believe how useful 1password has been to me...

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: wifi
Referrer: forum-search:archive

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@emitc2h some people have tackled the same sort of problem as you have by creating a special secondary "Archive" vault and moving the relative items to that. As an alternative, you could tag the relevant items with a tag such as "Archive" and then edit them to change the display field to Never display in browser.

Stephen

• emitc2h
    emitc2h
    Community Member

I'll try that, thanks a lot for the reply!

• Hey @emitc2h! Great to see that Stephen's advice helped you out here. If you have any other questions, feel free to pop into the forums any time. :)

• sfdev
    sfdev
    Community Member

This is still a request for me. It would be much more user friendly if it was possible to move old or unused but still active passwords in a separate archive folder. Maybe as an advanced feature to activate if needed or something.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sfdev,

Thanks for your feedback about that! Have you tried either of Stephen's suggestions? Either method would achieve what you described. If you need any help to do that, just let us know - we're always glad to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.