Proud Mom and Dad *UPDATED*

thightower
thightower
Community Member
edited April 2011 in Lounge
Again :P
Man I got so wrapped up in my whole life :lol:

I forgot to say the wife and and I officially adopted the newest member to our family, aka Duncan on 10/26/2010.

Now we have a 14, 7, and a 2 year old 9 siberian huskies 5 cats and a partridge in a pair tree (well not really the partridge)

Its funny at 2 Duncan already know how to activate his moms iPad and look at the picture of himself on the display. He knows where the home key is even in a otterbox case and it turned in a different direction. I think he's gonna replace his dear old dad around here when I retire. :lol:

Barbara swear's one of his next words is gonna be Apple

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    I think he's gonna replace his dear old dad around here when I retire.

So will his avatar be a picture of you? :lol:

Congrats, Tommy!
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited November 2010
    God I hope not,

Not this ugly mug, :lol:

Well sorta we have an auto waterer and 5 - 5 lb auto feeders for the dogs anyway. Cats have similar setup. Now if we could get an auto diaper machine :lol:
  • thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Looks like I need to revive this thread, on Friday the wife and I will be taking home our 4th child from his current foster home, with adoption proceeding as soon as the legal process will allow.

Yes I said 4th,

Note:

All of our sons share the same birth mom, ( read between the lines here diff fathers for all of the kids ) We made a personal decision... trying to keep they kids family together. Before someone asks I don't mind sharing the details here as all the children (older ones) know about there history and adoption.

We actively speak at local adoption classes about what to expect during the entire process from application to a child arriving in your home.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    Made me laugh :D

Hes a new born (6 months)

Of the 6 kids the birth mom has had we have 4.

The other 2 were adopted by the birth fathers families. They (DSS) believe she is pregnant again. We cant take anymore unless my oldest moves out (Don't foresee that happening in the next 6 years) or unless we add on to the house. Which we have not ruled out entirely. The one thing we both (wife and myself) try to remember is we both will be 60 by the time this little one is 18.

Thank you for the kind words.

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    brenty wrote:

Well, depending on who you ask, kids either keep you young or cause you to age prematurely. Here's hoping for the former! :)

I was going grey already but I seriously have some major grey now you can either attribute that to 2 kids OR was it the high dose of radiation I received for my cancer treatment. Honestly tho I kinda like the look with all the grey, to bad I keep my hair so short, like 1/4 inch or less. When it does get a chance to grow.
This discussion has been closed.