Is Wendy Appleseed, whose info appears in my 1Password data, an illustration?

Clhaupt
Clhaupt
Community Member

Seems odd that she's id'd as being in Customer Service business. A little suggestive, no?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Is there any reason why I suddenly have another person's information on my 1Password app?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

@Clhaupt - Wendy Appleseed is an imaginary person who appears in the records in the Demo vault. Users can create that vault from the 1Password settings so that they can show others how 1Password works, without showing their private data. Some users forget that this vault exists. But in the latest version of 1Password for iOS, the developers introduced an All Vaults view, which is the default. Suddenly, there's a reminder that Wendy in lurking is the data.

Or perhaps I've taken your post a little too literally?

• Clhaupt
    Clhaupt
    Community Member

No, Hawkmoth; you've given me the perfect response. It's basically my wife who got upset by Wendy's presence and her putative profession! Thank you for your reassurance.

clhaupt

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Clhaupt,

I'm glad that Hawkmoth was able to answer your question! (As an aside, as someone who works in Customer Support, I happen to think it's a perfectly wonderful profession... but I'm a bit biased.) ;) In any case, I certainly don't blame you for being a bit shocked by her sudden appearance in your vault.

Please let us know if you have any further questions about 1Password, we're always happy to help.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member

I think Wendy Appleseed might be why Apple adds Johnny Appleseed to their presentations. It's fictitious and I think almost everyone knows it.

It turns out that there was a real John Appleseed back in the 80's.

techradar.com/sg/news/computing/apple/the-appleseed-legend-the-story-behind-apple-s-unofficial-mascot-1208237

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wkleem ,

Thanks for sharing that! :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

@Megan,

My only complaint about the Wendy Appleseed samples is the inconsistent way the samples are accessed. I have not paid much attention to them recently. I have come across typing "demo" in the Master Password login for one of the iOS versions. I've also had to create a new demo login with its own unique Master Password in one of the 1Password versions. In the past (2008!) I've had the samples consolidate in my Main vault.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@wkleem: Interesting. I don't recall all of the history (and I'm not sure that any one does at this point). I suspect that the "Wendy" picture is a stock image.

I think that part of the confusion over "Wendy" data may be that it didn't used to be possible to add a separate 'demo' vault to 1Password, back when the multiple vault feature didn't yet exist. So at that point you could add 'sample' data to your existing vault. I'm glad to have the separate 'demo' vault now. :)

This discussion has been closed.