Forum Bookmarks

tonydow
tonydow
Community Member

What's going on with Forum Bookmarks? It shows as having 4, if I open them it shows 2 and these two are not even ones I have saved. Where are mine gone?

1Password Version: 6.02
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS 9.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tonydow: Sorry for the confusion! This comes up from time to time. The forum software will count archived discussions, but they will no longer display in the bookmarks list. We tend to archive older discussions as the information can get stale since both 1Password and OS updates are released regularly to remove issues. I hope this helps! :)

• tonydow
    tonydow
    Community Member

@brenty No, not at all! The bookmarks shown are not things I have saved whereas the things that are missing are ones I really wanted to keep.

• My apologies, Tony. Once we archive content it is no longer directly visible. If there are some threads you'd like to view please post the links here and we'll see what we can arrange.

We don't make any guarantee of the content on this forum being accessible. As brenty mentioned we do periodically archive all threads older than 6 months / 1 year, as beyond that it has often become stale with new releases etc.

Thanks.

Ben

• tonydow
    tonydow
    Community Member

@bwoodruff @brenty That still doesn't explain why the bookmarks I do have ( that is the two I can see even though the Bookmarks icon shows four ) are not items I have ever bookmarked.

• Oh my. I think both Brenty and I have completely misunderstood your original post. I didn't realize you were saying you are seeing threads in your bookmarks that you haven't bookmarked.

(Un)fortunately our forum software doesn't allow us to see what users have bookmarked, and the audit log doesn't appear to record when items are bookmarked or unbookmarked, so I wouldn't have any way of knowing anything about the state of your bookmarks list.

My apologies!

Ben

• tonydow
    tonydow
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

@bwoodruff Without wishing to labour the point, the forum bookmark system is clearly 'broken'. Your apologies don't count for anything unless you commit to investigate why this situation has arisen. The reason I say 'broken' must be obvious to you when the bookmark icon shows 4 items but contains only 2.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@tonydow: Indeed, but it isn't our forum software. I'm not sure I'd describe the forums as 'broken', but this is a known issue. We can't speak to the priority because it isn't our code to prioritize and improve. I'm sorry that you're suffering from this, but there isn't anything we can do about it at this time.

• tonydow
    tonydow
    Community Member

Okay, I give up. The software is not yours but if it goes wrong it is in your name and the bad impression is against you and not the software writer.

• We do understand it is our reputation and our brand that's suffering as the result of these issues and we are stressing this point with the forum vendor. If these issues aren't resolved sooner, we will try to find a different forum solution but moving to a different solution often have its own issues and we have to make sure our customers don't suffer as the result of this. This isn't the first forum we've chosen but it is the most reliable so far.

We have had thoughts of writing a forum for ourselves but I'm sure customers would rather we spend all of our resources improving 1Password. Hopefully, this problem will be resolved soon.

• horseman
    horseman
    Community Member

Needed a slight re-expectation adjustment myself having spent 30mins trying to find two missing bookmarks until I gave up and found this thread! :blush: Problem is after using 1PW for nearly 10years one get's accustomed to the superlative support and thus one assumes everything connected with Agile is of the same high quality!

Well at least the "bookmark" function for this thread works and one can only hope that the issue is resolved in next 6 months before the thread is archived and the bookmark disappears! :p

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed. Sorry for the confusion. We'll continue to pursue this, along with some other nagging forum issues!

This discussion has been closed.