1Password beta invite email from TestFlight in Korean [legitimate email, temporary processing error]

cortig
cortig
Community Member
edited November 2015 in iOS

Now you're really putting a string emphasis on localization ;-)
Not sure why, but the notification I got from TestFlight notifying me of the new version was in Korean…

Regardless though, the email or the TestFlight app don't say much about what's new and what needs the most attention… Can we get some details?

Corentin

1Password Version: 6.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.1
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• sfiske
    sfiske
    Community Member

I have beta tested a lot of your programs. I just received an email from TestFlight about a new beta for 1Password for iOS. What's strange is that the email is mostly in Korean (I think). Did you send this out? If you didn't and give me an email address, I will forward it to you.

• I did indeed just send out an invite. I would love to see the email, can you forward it to mrrooni@agilebits.com? Thanks!

• holgr
    holgr
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

I just sent in a screenshot to the support email. Looked rather strange. Didn't dare to actually activate it in TestFlight till I got a confirmation whether or not it was legitimate.

• Hey @cortig, sounds like there was a glitch in the matrix there. You're the second person to say they received the TestFlight email in Korean. I will get some release notes together and link them to you when they're posted. Thanks!

• sfiske
    sfiske
    Community Member

Just sent it.

• mikeyh
    mikeyh
    Community Member

One more with Korean via my NZ account.

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

Thanks! It's no big deal in any case, and I later saw in the general announcement that the emphasis was on 1Password for Team anyway (which sorts of answers my question).

Corentin

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member

I had the same issue.
    Here's a screenshot b

• Wow, very strange. I can confirm that those TestFlight emails are indeed coming from us, it just appears that it sent out the Korean version of our app description instead of the properly localized one.

• sfiske
    sfiske
    Community Member

So is it ok to follow the link and download?

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member

The link opened the TestFlight app like it was supposed to for me

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

@sfiske yes, you can click on the link and download it. As @jmreekes mentioned the link will open the TestFlight app.

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member

I too was just about to report this. Glad to see it already done!

• Thanks for being on the ball, @rctneil !

• @cortig Awesome. Glad to hear it. We've also added a new All Vaults view, which is now the default "vault" that 1Password unlocks to. You can control which vaults appear in All Vaults via Settings > Vaults > All Vaults.

• cortig
    cortig
    Community Member

Thanks for the additional details!!

• Winnie
    Winnie
    1Password Alumni

@cortig thanks for helping us beta test 1Password for iOS!

• Dragon
    Dragon
    Community Member

I got the korean too.. though english notes did show in testflight app itself.

• @Dragon Thanks for the followup, glad it got sorted.

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member

I received a 1PW iOS beta invite email that had a bunch of Mandarin or Chinese in it. It was super weird and sketchy and I almost didn't see it because it got dropped in my spam folder.

I checked the links and they domains seemed correct, but it weirded me out too much to use the code provided or to click on any of the links.

Agile peeps, does this seem legit?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided

• Agile peeps, does this seem legit?

Nope. :)

Would you mind sending us the entire message (headers included)? Instructions can be found here:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/22454?hl=en

Please send this to support+forums@agilebits.com and include a link to this thread. Then please post back here with your support ID once you receive it (should be almost instantaneously but may take up to 15-20 minutes if volumes are high).

Thanks!

Ben

• jfelchner
    jfelchner
    Community Member

@bwoodruff here ya go! ITI-88286-641

Hope that helps!

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jfelchner,

We received your email; here's part of my reply:

Thanks for sending along the full raw text of the invitation message from AgileBits to test 1Password that you received via Apple's TestFlight system on November 3rd. Turns out there was a processing error with TestFlight at that time, causing the 1Password beta app description to appear in Korean. Rest assured, that email is completely legitimate, with our team's approval.

Please feel free to click "Start Testing" in the message to accept the invitation and once again be able to install beta builds of 1Password for iOS through the TestFlight app to test.

I've also merged related threads about this issue into a single one and retitled it a bit.

Sorry for the confusion!

ref: ITI-88286-641

This discussion has been closed.