Disable 'Reveal' and 'Copy' options

Options
Megan
Megan
1Password Alumni
edited November 2015 in Mac
This discussion was created from comments split from: Disable 'Reveal' and 'Copy' options.

Original post:
I am currently on the beta of the 1password for teams, and so far go good!

I am wondering if there is a way to disable "reveal" and "copy" options for the vaults? I would like the team to be able to login to the sites using the "open and fill" options only.

This would prevent them from knowing the password but still being able to login to the properties.

Comments

• scottwu
    scottwu
    Community Member
    Options

I would like to see this too for a different reason.

I'm a new 1Password user coming from Lastpass, and one feature I miss is having a second layer of security when user wants to reveal password: the master password is required to show it.

So far I'm hesitant to trust 1Password for sensitive information (ex. credit card, banking info), because anyone can see everything if I'm not careful and stepped away from my computer for a minute without shutting it. This could be common in workplace, or when I let my friend use my machine to check mail or something. One could argue that I shouldn't let someone I can't trust 100% to use my machine, but I wouldn't want to make that judgement and having to remember logging out every time.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @scottwu,

I've split your post into its own topic, since the original poster is discussing 1Password for Teams, which will have a slightly different answer than the 1Password apps.

First of all, thanks so much for choosing 1Password - we appreciate your support!

So far I'm hesitant to trust 1Password for sensitive information (ex. credit card, banking info), because anyone can see everything if I'm not careful and stepped away from my computer for a minute without shutting it.

There are a few ways you can customize your security settings in 1Password to give you the level of control that you need. First of all, in the View menu, there's a 'Conceal Passwords' option. This will ensure that anyone wandering past your desk while 1Password is on screen will only see a row of dots where your passwords are listed.

I also recommend checking out the Security Preferences screen.

I use the 'Lock when screensaver is activated' option for my work laptop, and I have a hot corner set up to activate the screensaver, so it's a simple flick of the mouse to activate the screensaver and lock 1Password. If you're a keyboard shortcut kinda person, you can lock 1Password with the ⌘⌥⌃L (command-option-shift-L) shortcut. This shortcut can be changed in Preferences > General.

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.