v3.8.22 - is it compatible with Yosemite? El Capitan?

Upgrading from OSX 10.8.5 to El Capitan (only because that is the only versions available from Apple now). Will my v3.8.22 iPassword work with El Capitan?

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.8.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:upgrade-license, kb:check-os-version

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@allfive as your post relates to 1P3 for Mac I have moved the post from the 1Password for Mac forum to the 1P3 legacy forum where you will get more help.

The best place to start is by reading the AgileBits' posts in this sticky at the top of the forum.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @allfive,

Hopefully the thread Stephen_C has linked you to helps give you a idea of what to expect. 1Password 3 for Mac still works in Yosemite but too much changed with El Capitan. If 1Password 3 for Mac is syncing to Dropbox then after you upgrade to El Capitan all you would need to do is download 1Password 5 for Mac and it will find your Agile Keychain. Between browser and OS compatibility issues though trying to stay with the older 1Password 3 for Mac would be a massive source of frustration and stress in my opinion. Hopefully you find the upgrade is worth the price not just for continued compatibility but for the many improvements we've made. Please do post if you have any questions before starting though.

• allfive
    allfive
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

Thank you, Stephen and littlebobbytables for your prompt and informative replies. You've been quite helpful. Time to upgrade, and hoping my mid-2010 iMac can manage El Capitan. :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @allfive,

I'm glad to see that Stephen and Little Bobby were helpful! I hope that your upgrade process goes smoothly, but if you hit any snags, we're always here for you. :)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Just to say, I've got a lower end MBP, mid-2009 and it runs El Capitan. I'd say what is holding it back the most is the fact that it still has a hard drive and it's only got 4GB of RAM. If I wasn't on my Mac every day firing up virtual machines etc. it would probably still seem like an acceptable machine. With a support role though comes the excuse for a more powerful Mac :tongue:

This discussion has been closed.