my 1 password is crashing. I can't update it to 3.8.22 due to error message. what should I do?

Options

I have a mac. using 3.8.21. When I try to update (because I can't even use it any more) I get the message that an error occurred unpacking the archive. I tried to see if my license is outdated but i didn't get the email with the #. The help is very confusing , esp since I'm not sure what my problem is.

1Password Version: 3.8.21
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:contact-us, kb-search:can't install update, kb:legacy-versions

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@kpeee as your post relates to 1P3 for Mac I have moved the post from the 1Password for iOS forum to the 1P3 legacy forum where you will get more help.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kpeee,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with 1Password! I'll do what I can to help you get this sorted out.

When I try to update (because I can't even use it any more) I get the message that an error occurred unpacking the archive.

Please try this:

• Fully quit 1Password.
    • Open the /Applications folder and drag the 1Password app to the Trash - do not use any app cleaners.
    • Go to downloads page and get a fresh copy of 1Password.
    • Install into your /Applications folder.

I tried to see if my license is outdated but i didn't get the email with the #.

First of all, I want to assure you that your license for 1Password 3 will never expire. You can continue to use 1Password 3 as long as you would like, and we will continue to support it. We have released a new version (two actually: we're currently on 1Password 5.4.1 for Mac) since then, and 1Password 4 was a paid upgrade, but upgrading is not a requirement.

Now, I did take a look in our back office records, but I was unable to find any license information attached to the email address that you have in your forum profile. I'd be happy to search further to track down your license details. Please send an email in to support+licenses@agilebits.com with your full name and the email address that you used to make the purchase. Please don't post personal information here, as this is a public forum.

This discussion has been closed.