I accidentally deleted my data file. Still have access to 1Password through Safari plugin. Need help

I accidentally deleted my data file. Still have access to 1Password through Safari plugin. Is there a way I can take the data from the Safari plugin and create or restore my data file?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:recover data file

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @kolowich,

There is a way but it does involve a number of steps. What might work out a lot easier is to see if the following works at all.

1. Launch 1Password 3 for Mac.
    2. I assume the screenshot at the bottom of this post is what you see.
    3. Use the menu option File > Restore Data File from Backup..., If you see recent entries select the newest and restore that.
    4. Try creating a test item from inside the extension. If you can see the test item from inside the main application window everything should be fine.

As I say, there is a way to retrieve the vault from the extension but there is a larger number of steps and some of those steps will be dependent on what version of OS X you're running. Let us know how you get along with the restoration of a backup and if doesn't help please post what version of OS X you're currently using.

• kolowich
    kolowich
    Community Member

Thanks @littlebobbytables

It worked. Appreciate the help.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Excellent @kolowich :smile: That's great news and thank you for letting us know. Hopefully it remains trouble-free going forward.

This discussion has been closed.