Feature request: Preference to select Default Vault at startup

genoahous
genoahous
Community Member

Hi,

I'd like you to improve the new "All Vaults" feature with a way of selecting a default startup vault.

I like the new "All Vaults" feature, except that it is the default startup vault. I currently have several vaults for different family members, and it is VERY confusing when I get several "Facebook" (or other) logins when searching in 1Password or 1Password Mini.

This all could be alleviated by having each of my family members select their default startup vault for their use of 1Password.

Comments

• Good morning @genoahous. Thanks for writing in with feedback, you're awesome. Have you tried tailoring your All Vaults setting to fit your needs better? You can choose which vaults are part of All Vaults in Settings > Vaults > All Vaults.

• genoahous
    genoahous
    Community Member

Yes, I've played with that, but it does not really address my issue. FWIW: My wife and I have several vaults, and kids have one each.

So the real problem is that for my wife and I we default to seeing ALL vaults when we start 1PW. We could set "All Vaults" to just our own vaults, but then this kinda makes the "All Vaults" useless. We could also just click on vaults and select Primary, but is extra work...

I'd personally prefer to have 1PW startup with Primary vault selected, and only go to "All Vaults" if and when I've selected it - or allow one to configure a startup vault.

Search in IOS version is a little better than in desktop 1PW mini & browser extensions, in IOS I can see the account name in the list. On our Macs we just see multiple lines of "Facebook", which makes it hard to figure out which one to pick for the account we want to get to (hovering mouse does help but is more work...).

• genoahous
    genoahous
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

Alternate solution would be if the app would just remember and default to the last selected vault, even between lock/unlock, app updates, device resets, etc.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @genoahous,

Thank you so much for the additional feedback & suggestions about that! I know exactly what you mean, and having 1Password open to the Primary vault (or last selected vault) instead of "All Vaults" would be pretty useful for me too. Although I can't make any promises about if/when an option to do that might be added, I'll be more than happy to pass your comments along to our developers.

Aside from that, I'm glad you like the new All Vaults feature! It's new, so I'm sure we'll make it even better in the future. If you need anything else, just let us know! :)

ref: OPI-3208

• hazmat
    hazmat
    Community Member

Please either default to Primary or have an option for which vault to default to. I am testing out the Teams at work and really don't want that to be part of my data by default.

Thanks.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hazmat,

Thanks for the request. I've merged it with this related discussion and, like Drew did earlier for genoahous, have also passed it along to our developers. :)

This discussion has been closed.