Need help upgrading 1Password for new OS

LorraineMakeUp
LorraineMakeUp
Community Member
edited November 2015 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

How would I port over the old 1Password's info because it won't stay open/ crashes...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I've updated Mac OS, old 1Password is not compatible.If I buy the upgrade, can we access old info?

Comments

• Hey @LorraineMakeUp! You actually shouldn't need the old version to stay running in order to upgrade to the new one. Our knowledge base article should have all the info you need to upgrade things:

How do I upgrade 1Password for Mac from version 3?

If you have any questions, just let us know what version of OS X you're running, what version of 1Password you had installed, and what version you're upgrading to and we'd be happy to provide some more specific advice. ;) For now, that guide should cover things.

• LorraineMakeUp
    LorraineMakeUp
    Community Member

I have: Version 3.8.22 (build 32010)
    OS X El Capitan
    where do I go from here?

• LorraineMakeUp
    LorraineMakeUp
    Community Member

My only concern is : HOW DO I SAVE/ PORT over all the savved passwords from my old version (which crashes immediately upon opening) onto the new version , if I buy it? which one do I buy?

• @LorraineMakeUp Since you're on El Capitan, all you need to do is download the latest version of 1Password from here: https://agilebits.com/downloads

Then follow the guide I posted above to move your data over. If you don't have a license for 1Password 5, you'll need to purchase an upgrade from our upgrade store. You can use your existing 1Password 3 license to obtain a discount on the upgrade. I've just resent it to the email address you used to sign up on these forums. Just copy and paste the license number and you'll be set.

• LorraineMakeUp
    LorraineMakeUp
    Community Member

Oh my Gosh!!! You made it sooooooooo easy. Even I could do it! Thank you. Now I have one more question. I purchased the app iPassword for my iphone, yet have never used it because I couldn't figure out how to sync the passwords from my computer. Hlep

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@LorraineMakeUp: Hey, you deserve at least some of the credit! ;)

Thanks for the update. On behalf of penderworth, you are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that all is well.

Regarding sync, this is going to be pretty easy for you if you're up to date now. You'll need to set it up on your Mac first:

Dropbox Sync setup (Mac)

And then when you launch 1Password on your iPhone you can sync your existing vault there as well:

Dropbox Sync setup (iOS)

You should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.