Extension Database Not Available MacOS 10.7.5

My apologies, but here's another "Extension Database Not Available" error. This is what I've done so far:

• Uninstalled extension from Safari prefs and reinstalled it from your extension download page.
  • Reset Safari
  • Quit and reopen Safari

This has just started happening this week. I have not installed anything new like OS updates, plug-ins, etc.
Where do we go from here?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@gregsgraphics: It sounds like Safari's extension database is damaged. If I'm not mistaken, this is a Safari error, not 1Password. Unfortunately this happens from time to time, as we're still stuck with less-than-reliable storage technology and old filesystems on our computers, and the only remedy is to clear out the database.

But before we go that route, can you verify for me that you have all of your data in 1Password, and also backed up? If so, just follow these steps:

1. Open a Finder window and use the keyboard shortcut ⇧⌘G to open a Go to the folder window.
    2. Use the following location: ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.Extensions.plist and click the Go button.
    3. Drag the highlighted file to your Trash.
    4. Launch Keychain Access which you can find in /Applications/Utilities/ or using a Spotlight search.
    5. Search for safari and right-click on Safari Extensions List and select the Delete "Safari Extensions List" option.
    6. In Finder go to the following folder (using the same method as detailed in step 1) to go to ~/Library/Safari/
    7. Drag the entire Extensions folder to your Trash
    8. Then restart you Mac and Safari, which will recreate the folder and hopefully that sorts out the permissions issue

If you're still having trouble, this discussion in Apple's forums might help, or you may need to contact Apple directly for assistance. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

• gregsgraphics
    gregsgraphics
    Community Member

Sorry to report it didn't help. I will review the post on Apple's forum and try what they recommend.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @gregsgraphics,

Can I just confirm, through all of this 1Password 3 for Mac is working fine and you've got no issues accessing your vault?

Did you restart your Mac as brenty suggested in step 8? I ask as that would have restarted 1Password Helper which means one less thing to try.

I haven't seen that message myself, as an Opera user at the time of 1Password 3 for Mac I was limited to copy and paste so I'm wondering if you would mind taking a screenshot of the error and showing us. I'm wondering if any context to the error message ignites something in my brain. Please do check any image you post to make sure it doesn't show anything sensitive you wouldn't want visible in a public forum.

• gregsgraphics
    gregsgraphics
    Community Member

Hi. Yes... I can open the 1Password app just fine. I also use the 1P plugin for Firefox, and it works fine. I restarted earlier in the day, but will try it again when I get freed up (it's on my work Mac). Error message screen grab is attached.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gregsgraphics,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I've been pondering this and I would like to ask you to send in a diagnostic report please, this guide will assist.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+forum@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. With access to the report we should be able to better assist you :smile:

This discussion has been closed.