Chrome extension triggers on my other user profile

Options

I have 2 OS X user accounts (not 1password vaults) I use, one has all my work stuff and the other user is my personal stuff, if I have both profiles running and I Switch between the 2, the second profile I open the Chrome browser extension wont work, if I click the 1password icon in Chrome nothing happens, but if I switch back to profile 1, the 1password chrome extension is open.

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Hey @YerikVP! For a moment I thought you were talking about having multiple Chrome profiles in addition to having multiple users. I tested the 1Password Chrome extension with multiple profiles under one user and it works as expected. However, if you have more than one user running at the same time and you're using fast user switching, I suspect this could cause a problem with 1Password's communication between the browser extension and main app. Could you first confirm that this is the case so we can test it out? If it is, also try logging out of your other user completely (  > Log Out [username] ) and let us know if that makes a difference.

• YerikVP
    YerikVP
    Community Member
    Options

I do use fast user switching.

I kept removing and installing the Chrome extensions then restarted the computer and logged into both accounts like I always do, and it seemed to have fixed its self. Im not sure exactly WHY the app was controlling the other user profile (I also have 2 completely different iCloud accounts and different Vault files for each user} when I crated an account to post my message here the other user profile wanted to save my login information.
    I have no idea if I am even explaining this very well, it confuses me X_X

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @YerikVP,

Currently the way the extension works in Firefox and Chrome is the extension talks to 1Password mini over a WebSocket. I'm not an expert when it comes to WebSockets but I don't believe they are kept isolated inside a particular user account. I could easily be wrong but that's just this nagging feeling I have in my head right now.

Can I ask, after you've switched OS X user accounts, does Chrome misbehave the same amount or less if before trying to use a browser you explicitly launch 1Password and ensure that account's vault is visible?

This discussion has been closed.