[6.2 / 620004] Still crashes after opening /w Touch ID

Options
jphorn
jphorn
Community Member

Hi team,

Despite the possible fix as mentioned in the latest changelog for 1Password/iOS 6.2 (620004) for the long time launch/unlock leading to crash, I'm still seeing this after installing the last TestFlight build.

I've restarted my iPhone 6s (64GB) for good measure, but alas to no avail. I have sent you my diagnostic report (same email as this forum account).

1Password Version: 6.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.1 (13B143)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Thanks @jphorn. I appreciate you taking the time to test this one. I've had contact with someone else that the fix in the latest build didn't work for them either. I will continue to work on this problem and hopefully get a fix in place soon.

• jphorn
    jphorn
    Community Member
    Options

I have a feeling this is related to Dropbox Sync, but that's just speculation at this point. Haven't had the time and guts to change sync methods.

• jphorn
    jphorn
    Community Member
    Options

FWIW; still seeing the same crash as described in my first post in build 620005.

• Good afternoon, @jphorn. Today's build (beta 6) contains another attempt to fix this problem so please give it a try again later today when this build becomes available.

• jphorn
    jphorn
    Community Member
    Options

I hate to be the bad news guy, but unfortunately beta 6 didn't help for me :chuffed: I made a short movie to show you what happens (although you probably are perfectly aware)

• Come on @jphorn, you're killing me here. Clearly you've doctored that video in an effort to see if you can widen the already substantial bald patch on that back of my head. :)

Do me a favor and ensure that Lock and UI Lock are enabled under Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics > Log Settings and, once you get the lock up to occur again, please send in a fresh diagnostic report.

Thanks!

• Another question - do you by any chance see the same delay in other Touch ID enabled apps like Evernote or Dropbox?

• jphorn
    jphorn
    Community Member
    Options

Clearly you've doctored that video in an effort to see if you can widen the already substantial bald patch on that back of my head.

Do me a favor and ensure that Lock and UI Lock are enabled under Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics > Log Settings and, once you get the lock up to occur again, please send in a fresh diagnostic report.

This is interesting. With these settings both enabled, the Touch ID part is sometimes - but certainly not every time - super quick again. Also, and this is especially a relief; 1Password doesn't crash anymore after Touch ID unlock.

When I again disable the two diagnostic settings, 1Password crashes immediately after Touch ID unlock.

Another question - do you by any chance see the same delay in other Touch ID enabled apps like Evernote or Dropbox?

No. But 1Password is the only Touch ID enabled iOS app which stores its data on Dropbox (except for Dropbox itself of course).

Noteworthy to mention though; Dropbox.app (v4.1) also crashes after Touch ID unlock every 1 in 3 tries. No delays though like with 1Password, just instacrash.

• @jphorn, thanks for being so helpful (and taking this all in good humor). From looking at some diagnostic reports from other customers also participating in the beta and experiencing the same thing, it appears that in the latest incarnation Touch ID is crashing on your phone. I will be digging in some more and will hopefully have something new for you to try on Friday's beta.

• Good morning @jphorn! I just wanted to let you know to keep an eye out for yet another attempt to solve this issue in today's beta (most likely out this afternoon). Cheers!

• eh801
    eh801
    Community Member
    Options

Hi!

I hadn't noticed any issues as described above until I just updated to the latest beta (620007). I just tried to open 1Password by using Touch ID and the app crashed after a few second delay. After that I tried it again and (thankfully) it unlocked successfully using Touch ID.

• Thanks for the report, @eh801. If you are prompted, please send in a crash report.

• eh801
    eh801
    Community Member
    Options

@MrRooni I just sent you a report [#YTX-99564-958]. I think I selected 'automatically sent reports' in the past but just to be sure I sent one manually too.

• jmreekes
    jmreekes
    Community Member
    Options

So far I haven't had any crashes on opening with Touch ID or when opening items with OTPs. No issues so far with v62007

• jphorn
    jphorn
    Community Member
    Options

62007 looks like a winner to me :-) Haven't had any crashes and/or long delays since installing this build :+1:

• @eh801 Got it and just responded, thanks!

@jmreekes Glad it's been working well for you. :)

@jphorn Woohoo! Third time was apparently the charm here. :chuffed: Please let me know if that changes at all.

This discussion has been closed.