VyprVPN and 1Password extension conflict

Hey there,

I've been having problems with using VyprVPN and 1Password's browser extension with autofilling on my Mac. I know that 1Password had a recent update by adding browser code signing, which is cool, and I would like to use this feature but cannot due to the some conflict with VyprVPN. I have to close the entire app and restart my browser for the 1Password extension to work as usual. I read in the knowledgebase that this is a known issue with VPNs. I've tried only restricting VyprVPN on port not listed there and added 1Password Mini to the whitelist inside VyprVPN. I've also tried added the localhost (127.0.0.1) to list of bypassed proxies in System Preferences. Still no dice. Does anyone have any experience with this issue? Thanks for the help.

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: OSX 10.11
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @jick,

One of my colleagues just recently had VyprVPN brought to his attention and he's currently looking into this as we don't have a concrete solution yet.

What one person found was that

disabling the whole "Per App" feature in VyprVPN altogether

helped them but as I'm not a user of VyprVPN myself I can't comment too much on this except to say that it might be worth trying just to see if it makes any difference.

There is one other possibility, I see you've reported that your running the 4.4.4 extension which would indicate that your preferred browser is Safari. I suspect that if you first uninstall the stable version and then install the beta version that you might find this works. Why? We're trying something different with the Safari beta and it doesn't use a WebSocket like the stable version. It does mean you will see a "Please restart Safari" banner if you update 1Password which is why this is in the beta at the moment.

Let us know how you get along :smile:

• jick
    jick
    Community Member

Hey littlebobbytables,

That works! The beta version of the extension did work for me actually. I had to close all my open tabs but it seems to be working just fine now. With the 4.4.4 version, disabling the "Per App" feature also does the trick. Props to your colleague for the tip. I think I will stick to the beta version for now. Thanks again for the help.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @jick,

Thank you for reporting back on both possibilities as it will allow us to help other VyprVPN users :smile: If you have any other questions or issues please don't hesitate to contact us and we'll see if we can deal with those equally as well :smile:

This discussion has been closed.