An email account does not have the option to be displayed on the watch.

There is no option to add an email account for display on the Apple Watch. I need it to be displayed on the watch for the 2FA code moreso than the password itself. A login account has the option to be displayed on the watch and it displays the 2FA code.

I suppose my workaround is to use a different type of password account to get it to display on the watch. But it would be nice if you let me add email accounts with 2FA to the watch.

1Password Version: 6.1.1
Extension Version: 4.4.4
OS Version: iOS 9.1, OSX 10.11.1, watchOS 2.0.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:email account apple watch

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I suppose my workaround is to use a different type of password account to get it to display on the watch. But it would be nice if you let me add email accounts with 2FA to the watch.

@johnny_appleseed: Indeed. Using a Login item for login credentials would probably be a good fit. And Secure Notes are a great 'catch-all' for all sorts of information you want to secure, both on the Watch and iPhone.

However, this is definitely something we can consider adding in the future. It's a little weird, since everyone has a slightly different use, so ultimately the solution may be to just make it more customizable.

Login items with TOTP only codes send the codes to the Watch so that even if someone gets a hold of it, they don't have all of the information they need to access your account. This is important for security, since it's impossible to protect items on the Watch with your Master Password (all data on the Watch is secured by the OS). Also, I really don't want to have to try to type my Master Password on my Watch. :p

That said, as more people grow accustomed to how 1Password and the Apple Watch both work security-wise, it may be a good time to open things up a bit more and diversify. Thanks so much for your feedback! :)

This discussion has been closed.