Tap and hold to copy

Doud_FtC
Doud_FtC
Community Member
I've used the free 1Password app on my iPhone for almost 3 years and it appears to have a feature missing in 1Password Pro. As much as I like the idea of using 1Password Pro to log in to sites, I often do not do that directly. Sometimes I log in after I've filled a cart (e.g., Amazon) or it's a two step process (my bank, for some reason). It would be handy to have a copy of the password in buffer, and then I can double tap and paste when I'm ready in the browser window.

With the free app, if I single tap the bulleted password for a site, a copy dialog comes up. But with 1Password Pro the only way I can figure out how to copy a password is to choose "Edit" for the site, double tap the password field, and then choose "Copy". I would like to see the free app's copy behavior present in 1Password Pro.

I am new to 1Password Pro (as in, within the last hour), so it's possible I've missed something. My apologies in that case.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Doug!

I'm sorry for any confusion here. 1Password for iPhone and 1Password Pro use the exact same code. There are no feature differences between the two apps. 1Password Pro is merely our universal app which also runs on iPad.

Tap-and-hold on the password field should pop up the Copy menu in both apps. You can also tap the globe icon in the built-in browser to access your saved login(s) for a site.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Cheers,
  • Doud_FtC
    Doud_FtC
    Community Member
    Thanks for your reply. I completely missed the "and hold" part on the Pro version. On my original iPhone version a quick tap would bring up the "Copy" balloon. The Pro version works as you indicate, so I can, in fact, do what I wanted.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    The non-Pro version (1Password for iPhone) literally uses the exact same code and behaves identically. We changed this a bit ago, so please make sure you are using the latest version of our 1Password apps.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.