Cannot comment or save drafts

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

Any reason why I cannot post comment or save drafts on the forum?

1Password Version: 5.4
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@toasted for some reason two copies of one identical post from you were in the moderation queue for verification (which I've now seen, and done). As you have a decent posting history I'm unsure why that would have happened. Maybe you posted from a different IP address. I'm afraid, as a mere moderator, I don't know the subtleties of how the moderation queue for posts works.

In any event, you should now be able to comment and save drafts. Please post again if you still have a problem.

Stephen

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

When I prepared comment 1 and posted it the text just disappeared.

I prepared a comment 2 (essentially the same as the first post) and the comment just disappeared too when I chose Post Comment.

I understand the concept of the Moderation Queue, but normally after choosing Post Comment, I can see the text I wrote, together with the cog symbol indicating it can still be edited for some period.

I also prepared a comment with rubbish content (just a few spaces and random letters) and attempted to save it as a draft...but it was not saved (going to the drafts folder showed no drafts)

Any case, since there is now three comments (comment 1, plus two copies of comment 2) showing now, if your able to delete the first two comments that would be good.

By the way Megan is still shown as the latest poster (when thats not the case)... maybe there is something odd there.

Thanks for the help.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@toasted: Sorry for the confusion! The "last post" display does have a known issue that happens when comments or discussions are moved around (or deleted, etc.) The index doesn't update properly to reflect the change. The developers of the forum software are aware of the issue. Hopefully they'll be able to get it working more consistently in the future.

On the other hand, the drafts (and many other features) are an extension to the normal forum software, and unfortunately they aren't perfect. I've often found that reloading the page helps when something seems amiss. I'm sorry for the trouble you've had, but we're here if you run into any other issues! :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

No problem at all.
    I only mention it in case it helps find and sort out an issue.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @toasted,

We appreciate the report! :)

This discussion has been closed.