unable to resync using Dropbox

camner
camner
Community Member
I had a different master password for my iPhone than I did for my Mac (I thought I was being clever that way!). Of course, since I don't use 1P on my iPhone very often, I managed to forget it. Oh well...

I reset the master password on my iPhone (no problem). I reset Dropbox sync. Then...

1. I get into the Dropbox Sync screen via settings
2. I push "Sync Now" and get taken to a new screen ("Unlock") asking me to enter the "Master Password on iPhone"
3. I enter the Master Password on iPhone (the new one I created when I reset the master password...)
4. I push the blue "Sync now" button in the upper right hand corner
5. I get taken back to the "Dropbox Sync" screen (the one with the "Sync Now" button
6. Nothing seems to happen.....

Suggestions?

Another question...when I'm on the "Unlock" screen, why is the password field filled with dots even though I have "Remember" turned off?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Please try restarting your device by holding down both the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

While your device is restarting, please rebuild your data file in 1Password on your Mac (Help > Troubleshooting > Rebuild Data File…).

Once the rebuild is complete and Dropbox has finished syncing the rebuilt data file on your Mac, reset Dropbox syncing in 1Password in iOS (1Password > Settings > Sync > Dropbox > Account > Reset).

when I'm on the "Unlock" screen, why is the password field filled with dots even though I have "Remember" turned off?

If you have already authenticated 1Password for iPhone with your master password — e.g. to view a master password protected item — it will be available and ready for you to simply tap "Sync Now." It should not be if you have not already authenticated.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Cheers,
  • camner
    camner
    Community Member
    Thank you for your reply. I was able to fix the issue by resetting the 1P database on the iPhone and starting over from scratch with syncing with Dropbox.

As for the bullets in the password field, I can't reproduce it after resetting the database. I'm attaching a screenshot of the screen I'm talking about, but the password field is blank, as it should be. You can take my word for the fact that it was NOT blank before the database reset (and yes, the "remember" switch was off then, too!)

(A final, not connected question....I'm getting close to my 500K global upload quota...how do I go about deleting the screenshots that I've uploaded that are no longer relevant, so I can reclaim the global upload space)?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thank you for your reply. I was able to fix the issue by resetting the 1P database on the iPhone and starting over from scratch with syncing with Dropbox.

Awesome! I'm glad you were able to get it working. :-D

As for the bullets in the password field, I can't reproduce it after resetting the database. I'm attaching a screenshot of the screen I'm talking about, but the password field is blank, as it should be. You can take my word for the fact that it was NOT blank before the database reset (and yes, the "remember" switch was off then, too!)

Thanks for the screenshot. That is precisely the screen to which I thought you were referring. As I mentioned above, if you have already authenticated 1Password for iPhone with your master password — e.g. to view a master password protected item — it will be available and ready for you to simply tap "Sync Now." It should not be if you have not already authenticated.

(A final, not connected question....I'm getting close to my 500K global upload quota...how do I go about deleting the screenshots that I've uploaded that are no longer relevant, so I can reclaim the global upload space)?

I removed your other attachments. Let me know if you want me to remove the one in this thread as well. :-)
This discussion has been closed.