Using 1Password on different Macs

I'm upgrading from 1Password 3.8.22 to the most recent 5.x (Actually I have OS X 10.11.1 and I can still open 1Password, but I can't use it with my browsers and from time to time it crashes)
I'm going to install it on my macbook pro, but I use other two Macs and I'd like to have 1Password installed on these Macs too.
May I use 1Password with the same license installing it on three different Macs?
Moreover I'll have to keep synced the (three) databases: does it mean that I have to use iCloud? Can I sync without using iCloud?
Thanks
Alberto

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb:upgrade-license, kb:license-file-faq

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @ociciornie,

You certainly don't need to use iCloud and if you don't want to use iCloud that means you can ignore the Mac App Store as the place to purchase 1Password 5 for Mac and if you're ignoring the Mac App Store in favour of our AgileBits Store you can use your existing licence key at Upgrades for Existing Licence Owners to get 1Password 5 at a discounted price.

Now no matter if you purchase your new licence directly from us or via Apple's Mac App Store you can install 1Password 5 for Mac on as many Macs as you own. It also entitles up to five other family members in the same household to also run 1Password for Mac on their Macs. If you purchase from us you simply pass them your licence file, with Apple it's via Apple's Family Sharing.

If you want iCloud Sync you would need the Mac App Store version but both it and the version from our AgileBits Store both allow syncing to Dropbox. If you don't like cloud services at all you could also use what we call Folder Sync. It works best if you use a pen/flash drive AKA sneakernet as OS X is better at informing when a removable drive is dismounted compared to network shares which can take a long time to time out and don't give the same notifications. The best option though is Dropbox if you don't mind it as it's basically set and forget and should just keep working.

Hopefully that helps but please do let us know if it doesn't or if you simply have follow up questions from anything I've written :smile:

This discussion has been closed.