[3.5.9] sidebar/item selection (mis)behavior

Hi,

Here's an area where the 1P UX might be more consistent and smoother:

The selected sidebar folder or tag usually changes when 1P is relaunched. In most cases the vault type of the item that was visible when the folder/tag was selected, and that item, will be selected instead.

For example, if the Business tag is selected and the sample Wendy Appleseed item is visible the Identities vault will be selected, with the same sample item visible, when 1P is relaunched.

Here's a more interesting case. Selecting the Untagged tag displays a certain Software item. When 1P is relaunched the folder that item was selected, not the Software vault. Having an item from a different folder visible when a sidebar tag is selected will cause that other folder to be selected after relaunching.

Another fun one: renaming a tag in the sidebar will cause the sidebar selection to jump to the corresponding vault type for whatever item was visible when the pre-renamed tag had been selected.

Also, i'd prefer if the last selected/visible item of a selected sidebar folder/tag was retained when revisiting that folder/tag. Or, select the first item, like when switching between value types. I've never gotten comfortable with the way sidebar selection can have unintended influence on item selection.

I'll save some multi-selection issues for another time. :)

[Version 3.5.9 (build 30884)]

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for mentioning this, sjk. There was a bug very similar to this which was fixed back in 3.5.0, but it seems that there are still some related issues. I will pass this along to the developers to see what can be done.

Cheers,
This discussion has been closed.