Import my data from One Safe (.osbx file)

rodness00
rodness00
Community Member

I want to import my data from One Safe (.osbx back up file) into 1Password, possible?? I've been using onesafe since developed and it seems each time Apple upgrades their OS X, the iCloud sync doesn't work properly. I've spent way too much time trying to keep data synced across all devices manually. I've been using 1Password on a test basis for a while now, through a few OS upgrades and all good!!

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@rodness00 ,

Does oneSafe have an export function? I see they have an Export by eMail function, but that seems geared towards sharing in item or two.

• rodness00
    rodness00
    Community Member

Yes, you can export as a CSV file....

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @rodness00,

It appears to have many different categories, so I'm not sure how those will be stored in the CSV.

1Password for OS X can import Logins, Credit Cards, Bank Accounts, and Secure Notes from CSV. But each category must be in a separate CSV. If these are the only types of categories you have, or your happy having imported into Secure Notes as the fallback, then you can massage the CSV and import using these guidelines.

I'd be happy to create a converter for you, if its possible, but I'll have to purchase / download the App to see how it exports records.

• rodness00
    rodness00
    Community Member

hey @MRC
    There are many different categories, as you noted, let's take the CC section. They have all been scanned into the app then I add pertinent txt. I just exported that section into CSV file and as expected, the data (txt) is there but the scanned items are noted as "picture". Trust me, I wasn't expecting a miracle here :) I appreciate your offer to create a converter but it's not worth the time and efforts. I might have 150 items that need moved over to 1Pass. I am going to utilize this time to clean up what I have, delete the rubbish and take this opportunity to utilize the much better layout (fields, etc) of 1Pass, especially the attachment option, to better document my important data. I'd rather put in the time now to make things right, then life should be a bit easier going forward as I continue to collect important info that should be stored in an app such as this one. Having used both apps now in parallel 1Password is clearly the better option. Thanks a lot!!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @rodness00,

It's great to see that you've been slowly getting your data sorted into 1Password. I think that now is a great time to review your database and get it all up-to-date and tidy. :)

I hope that 1Password works perfectly for you, but if you have any questions, we're happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.