I bought 1Password Pro. Do I need it?

Options
RickCunn
RickCunn
Community Member

My Purchased list contains 1Password Pro V3.7.1 as well as the free version 6.1.1. The free version is what I have been using for as long as I can recall. But i guess I bought the Pro version at one point, although I can't recall why I bought it. Is there any reason to switch to Pro from the free version?

1Password Version: 6.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.latest
Sync Type: Cloud
Referrer: ug:ios/, ug:ios/settings-pro-features, ug:ios/, kb-search:Pro

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

@RickCunn - This is an unfortunate confusion of names. 1Password Pro V3.71 was discontinued some time ago and is no longer even available from the iTunes App Store. But when version 5 was released, the pricing model changed to a "freemium" model. The application in its basic form is free to download and use for as long as you like. But there are more advanced Pro features that can be activated through an in-app purchase. Once purchased, those feature will work on any iOS device that uses the same Apple ID as the one used for the original sale.

Only you can decide whether you need or want the advanced Pro features. You can see what they add by reading the Pro Features FAQ.

• RickCunn
    RickCunn
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks hawkmoth. This is all vaguely coming back to my hazy memory. I am going to have to hide a bunch of apps anyway. Better yet, Apple needs to allow us to remove from the purchase list obsolete apps.

• Ben
    Options

@RickCunn,

I do believe that may actually be possible to hide purchases because I recall having a few customers write in, unable to find 1Password, and it turned out they had accidentally hidden it. Perhaps this article will help?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201322

Thanks.

Ben

• RickCunn
    RickCunn
    Community Member
    Options

bwoodruff, thanks for the link. But perhaps I miswrote. Hiding apps is straightforward. What I would like to see is for Apple to allow users to delete them from the purchase list. For example there is no point in hiding your old Pro app. Just getting rid of it would be preferable.

• Ben
    Options

@RickCunn that is essentially what this does. It hides them from the purchase list. If the point is to clean up the purchases list to make it more managable I'm not sure I understand the distinction between deleting and hiding.

In any event, that is the best Apple offers in this regard.

Hope it helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.