[Feature Request] Use the clipboard/let me choose what to fill where

I understand that automatic filling is not an easy task because every web form looks different. OK, I got that.

However, I am still able to fill fields manually.

I used 1Password and the extension on my Mac. However, I don't have a Mac any longer, so I don't know if I remember correctly, but I think you could manually copy both username and password to the clipboard and then just paste it to the corresponding fields.

Anyhow, this should be possible for the Windows version as well. Let the user copy username and password and - most important - the TOTP to the clipboard for manual filling. This would be way more convenient than having to open the app every time just to fill the TOTP.

Same is true for the manual fill feature in Android (and probably iOS too). I can already fill username and password "manually", but TOTP is still missing. It shouldn't be too hard to add TOTP as a third option. :)

Cheers
Steffen

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sbreit,

So I can't talk about Android in any great detail I'm afraid as that's one platform I still haven't gotten round to obtaining yet.

In 1Password for Mac what you could do in 1Password mini was bring up the item's details and then clicking on any field would copy that value to the clipboard. I assume that's what you remember. In 1Password for Windows when you bring up the 1Password Helper it isn't probably obvious but when hovering the cursor over a particular entry if you right click on it a small window will appear a bit like how it works in 1Password mini and clicking on any field will copy it to the clipboard, the Copying data section of The browser extensions (Windows) might prove informative.

As I said earlier, I'm not an expert on Android so I'm wondering if this page, Filling (Android) holds any information that is useful or if it simply talks about what you already knew?

• sbreit
    sbreit
    Community Member

Oh, **NOW **I get it. Well, that's one very well hidden feature. Why can't there be any hint to this hidden menu? Don't know, something like an asterisk or a plus sign maybe...
    Thanks for pointing this out, but in terms of UI design this should be revised.

So, the thing that still is unresolved from my feature request is the third button in the Android keyboard to fill the TOTP :)

Cheers
    Steffen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sbreit,

You're right, it is pretty well hidden and probably should be more accessible, at least so that it's possible for somebody to stumble upon when exploring the program.

Now regarding filling of the TOTP code in Android. I do see a feature request relating to this and I'm querying the Android dev team as to where we stand. I think I understand, you have to do a bit of navigating to copy the TOTP code to the clipboard in contrast to the easily accessible buttons above the keyboard.

ref: OPA-485

This discussion has been closed.