Can't Enable 1Password for FF4

In 1Password/Preferences/Browsers I cannot enable Firefox 4. The check box will not accept a checkmark. FF3 will accept a checkmark but I'm using FF4(the current stable version, not a beta.)
If it matters, I'm running OS 10.5.8.

Comments

• jpgoldberg
    jpgoldberg
    1Password Alumni
    Hi Uncle Vishnu. Welcome to the forums!

In 1Password/Preferences/Browsers I cannot enable Firefox 4. The check box will not accept a checkmark. FF3 will accept a checkmark but I'm using FF4

When you say that you can't check the box for the FF4 extension is the line and box grayed out? Or does clicking on the box simply do nothing?

What happens if you try "Remove All Extensions" and then "Install All Extensions" in that preferences pane?.

If that doesn't work, I would guess that there might have a damaged copy of 1Password and would suggest that you reinstall 1Password version 3.5.9 which you can fetch from

http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/legacy_versions.html

If it matters, I'm running OS 10.5.8.

Also can you let us know whether you are using an Intel or PPC Mac?

Thanks! I think that the things I've listed above should resolve the problem, please let us know.

Cheers,

-j
  • Uncle Vishnu
    edited April 2011
    The box is NOT grayed out; clicking on it does nothing, no check mark remains after clicking on the box.
    Doing "Remove All Extensions" and then "Install All Extensions" doesn't help.
    I just reinstalled v3.5.9 but the problem remains.
    I'm using a MacBook Pro Intel core 2 duo.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    I'm sorry that you are still having this problem.

It sounds like some kind of corruption in your Firefox profile. Please make sure you have tried all the steps in our troubleshooting guide specifically creating a new profile in Firefox if the other steps do not get you up and running.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Thanks!
  • Sorry, but I'm pretty weak on terminal use. In terminal, right after my name, I entered cd and hit "enter" but nothing happens; If I enter Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin -ProfileManager, and hit "enter" the response in terminal is: dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
    Trace/BPT trap
    I imagine that I'm doing it wrong in some way. What's the proper protocol?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    I am terribly sorry about that. We need to fix that in the documentation. It is not your fault at all. Please copy and paste this into Terminal and then press the Return key on your keyboard:

/Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin -ProfileManager

Then follow the steps to create a new profile here:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Managing profiles#w_creating-a-profile
  • Uncle Vishnu
    edited April 2011
    Using the terminal command doesn't work. Here's the result:
    Last login: Tue Apr 26 13:47:56 on console
    unclevishnu's-macbook-pro:~ unclevishnu$ /Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin -ProfileManager
    dyld: unknown required load command 0x80000022
    Trace/BPT trap
    unclevishnu's-macbook-pro:~ unclevishnu$
This discussion has been closed.