Trying to switch from Lastpass to 1Password, but the import process is making it nearly impossible.

scottbaldwin
scottbaldwin
Community Member

I have exported my Lastpass data in many different ways, and I'm unable to import it into 1Password in a way that is functional. I can get it to import, but it doesn't recognize websites for login and the data is jumbled. I have followed the instructions, and they simply do not work. This is quite frustrating. Also, it asks me to import is as a Login, or a form fill...I have both and the export on LP doesn't allow me to bifurcate data. There are over 2K items, so this is not something I can just sift through to correct. This doesn't seem like it would be that tough to map fields to transfer, for a seamless user experience.

1Password Version: 1Password 5 Version 5.4.1 (541003)
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.11.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:import, kb:import-lastpass, kb:import, kb:import-lastpass

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Hi @scottbaldwin ,

Try this converter instead. Use the 1.08 Testing Bits. Use the AppleScript Helper.

• scottbaldwin
    scottbaldwin
    Community Member

Worked very well. Thank you very much for such a detailed explanation in that thread and for a seamless import. Thanks!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@scottbaldwin ,

You're very welcome. Enjoy 1Password!

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @scottbaldwin,

I'm so glad to see that MrC's converters helped you get your data into 1Password.

I hope that 1Password behaves perfectly for you from now on, but if you have any other questions or concerns, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.