remove auto-generate wheel?

Options
fishbelly
fishbelly
Community Member

Is there any way to remove the auto pw generator wheel icon to the right of the "password" edit box? If I accidentally press this it removes the password I have saved and replaces it with a random one, leaving no way to return the one I had (command + Z does nothing to undo this). This feature is insanely frustrating because sometimes I just want to know what my password is, NOT have a nonsensical one generated. This is almost enough to make me stop using this app altogether.

1Password Version: 5.3.2
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: dropbox?
Referrer: forum-search:remove random password wheel

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@fishbelly - Is this happening when you are editing your record? If so, you could just cancel, rather than save, to return to the previous password. Also, in edit mode you can use the option to display previous passwords. Just a couple of ideas that might help. But to answer directly, I am unaware of anyway for users to customize the UI in that way.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @fishbelly,

Has Hawkmoth's post helped at all? I can certainly understand your frustration here, and I'd love to help.

sometimes I just want to know what my password is

I'd like to learn a bit more about your workflow here. I'm assuming that you know that you can reveal your password without going into edit mode. Are you making other changes to your entry and just wanting to check in on the password?

This discussion has been closed.