Dropbox Sync fails - Can't find .agilekeychain

Options
tomoy
tomoy
Community Member

Hi, we noticed my boss's iPhone wasn't syncing with Dropbox anymore. I setup his Mac fresh (v5.4.1) syncing to the default 1password folder it creates when I point to the Dropbox folder. Verify the sync icon turns green.

Go to the iPhone, open Dropbox. In a couple seconds I see it create the folder and .agilekeychain file. Freshly downloaded 1password app. It guides us to Dropbox. Authorize sharing data with 1password. Can't find .agilekeychain.

Grr. Help please

1Password Version: 5.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.4
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @tomoy,

Sorry to hear about the trouble syncing. Freshly setup versions of 1Password no longer use an .agilekeychain file for syncing. Instead they use our newer sync format .opvault.

Could you please tell me which version of 1Password is on the iOS device in question? You can find instructions here:

Which version of 1Password am I running?

Also: do you see a .opvault file in Dropbox? Do other files added to Dropbox on the Mac appear in Dropbox on iOS?

Thanks!

Ben

• tomoy
    tomoy
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

We were using a not-freshly setup Mac OSX version 5.4.1, and I think this was a downloaded purchase before the App Store was online FWIW (iCloud sync not offered). The file it saved to Dropbox was an .agilekeychain, not .opvault.

I think I cleared it up, but do think there is a flaw in the setup process of the iOS app. When downloading a fresh copy, the setup wizard asks if you want to setup a new vault or sync with an existing one. When trying to sync with an existing ault, we got the error that it couldn't find the .agilekeychain. Eventually I chose to setup a new vault with a test password. That was fine. Then I chose to sync that with Dropbox and it properly found the .agilekeychain, then prompted me to merge. That was now fine. I re-setup the test vault with the same password as the OS X vault and now it works the way I think it should.

Anyway, maybe test to see if that fresh setup to an existing OS X .agilekeychain works for you. Didn't for us.

Thanks
    Tom

• tomoy
    tomoy
    Community Member
    Options

p.s iOS v6.1.1

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update Tom. I'll ask our QA team to be sure to test this prior to the next release.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.