iOS won't sync thru Dropbox until cycling out of All Vaults [Known issue; fix coming soon]

f14bugsy
f14bugsy
Community Member
edited November 2015 in iOS

When I add or edit any 1Password item on iOS v6.1.1 with 2 vaults both synced through Dropbox, the changed (or added) item will not sync through Dropbox until I press the top-left All Vaults icon, cycle to one of the other vaults, then go back to All Vaults. I can go to Settings - Vaults - Sync Now, and it says it syncs, but there is no actual sync until I cycle out of All Vaults and back into it.

Similarly, the Mac 1Password app syncs correctly through Dropbox, but changes made on my Mac will sync not to iOS until I cycle out of All Vaults and then back into it. Again, I can go to Settings - Vaults - Sync Now (and it appears to sync), but it will not actually sync until cycling out of All Vaults and back into it.

My Dropbox app on iOS is working correctly for every other app. I have 2 vaults on my Mac and iOS, but All Vaults is set to only display only 1 of them. I've deleted and reloaded the iOS 1Password app, and this bug recurs every time.

AgileBits Update: This is a known issue. Our developers believe they have the code written to fix it, so once it has been tested and approved by Apple it should be available in an update soon. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@f14bugsy - The developers are aware of the issue you describe and are working to fix it for an upcoming update. The workaround for now is to view vaults singly so that they sync.

• f14bugsy
    f14bugsy
    Community Member

They're already aware -- so I guess I don't get a free t-shirt.

• Well aware, but thank you for taking the time to write in with the report. We do hope to have this fixed up in an update soon.

Ben

• Xipper
    Xipper
    Community Member

This is a nightmare problem and very disappointing, I have spent a ton of time trying to fix this myself. Why was there nothing in the release notes or an email sent out to warn people so that your users can stop wasting their own time on a known problem? What is the ETA for a solution to this, it is wholly disruptive and it isn't like I can easily revert to an older version of the App before this bug was introduced.

• Hi @Xipper,

I'm very sorry for the trouble. I hope the workaround of switching your view to the vault you want to sync is working for you, for now. As I mentioned we do hope to have this fixed up in an update soon.

We don't send out emails about this sort of issue, but information about them can almost always be found on these forums. If you're having trouble I'd highly recommend taking a peek here before doing too much troubleshooting on your own. You may find a solution has already been posted.

Ben

• Xipper
    Xipper
    Community Member
    edited November 2015

@bwoodruff unfortunately actually finding relevant posts on here is not easy, perhaps employees could actually edit and tag posts so that it increases the chance of someone finding related posts...otherwise it is just a lot of noise that is hard to search through to find relevant topics.

• Thanks for the feedback! We do attempt to re-title posts (as I'm about to do with this one) so that information can be found more easily, but you're right, it could be better.

Ben

• admdly
    admdly
    Community Member

I have just noticed this after wondering why things weren't syncing from my iPhone to Mac a while ago. Just emailed support about it and found this thread afterwards. Not automatically syncing and having to do this work around isn't great, nor is it great that this still has't been fixed.

I'm disappointed that the All Vaults feature clearly wasn't throughly tested (or this issue would have been noticed right away), and that this issue doesn't seem to be urgent. As someone who doesn't particularly even like the All Vaults idea, there should certainly be an option to disable it given the current issues.

• Hi folks,

Unfortunately it isn't a simple matter of priority -- if it were, it would've been fixed in an update already. We believe we have the issue fixed in a beta version, and if all goes well with that we'll have it in an update soon. That said, iTunes Connect is shut down for the holidays, so we can't submit updates for review until they come back online, at the earliest.

iTunes Connect Shutdown 2015-What Does It Mean For Developers?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.