Open from Dropbox

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and reinstalled 1Password. When I launched 1Password it recognized that I had Dropbox installed and gave me the option to open from that directory. It opened however it didn't load all of my of my logins and other entries. I do not have a current backup on my computer. How do I recover the items?

1Password Version: 4.60.592
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Open from Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AZ2981: Hmm. Was it maybe the wrong vault? If you have more than one, 1Password won't necessarily know which is the 'correct' one. This happens to me all the time. Do you have your 1Password data on another device? If so, you should be able to check the path to that vault in Dropbox to help determine which one it is.

However, if you don't have it on another device, you'll need to narrow it down by process of elimination. But if there's only one vault, and you don't have a backup, you may be out of options. AgileBits doesn't have your data, and it's only stored or backed up where you put it. Having backups of important data is absolutely crucial. In that case, the only remaining option would be to try to restore an older version from the Dropbox website. That's a bit tedious and confusing though, so I'm hoping that you haven't lost your data in the first place. Please let me know what you find!

• AZ2981
    AZ2981
    Community Member

@brenty I have only one vault. I do have 1Password installed on my Android phone and can get to all the entries there. Since I don't have a backup, it appears that I'll have to recreate locally. Thanks for your reply.

• MikeT
    edited November 2015

Hi @AZ2981,

Try this first: open the main 1Password program on the PC and go to the File Menu > Repair 1Password Vault, see if this will fix the issue.

Do not manually recreate this, there are methods we can try first.

• AZ2981
    AZ2981
    Community Member

Attempted repair, did not load missing entries.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AZ2981: Indeed, if you've got your data in 1Password for Android, that's great! We should be able to sync it back to 1Password for Windows from there. :chuffed:

I'm sorry your'e still having trouble though. At this point, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report for each device and send it to support+forums@agilebits.com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

This discussion has been closed.