Material design [under development]

Comments

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@Stanzilla Iam truly your side. But I think they have to give a new beta because of the new 1pw for teams feature. But Please 1PW give us Material design!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

When?

@Stanzilla: When It's Done™. Seriously though, we've had a lot in the works for a while that we've had to keep under wraps. From the outside you may assume that we're sitting here twiddling our thumbs instead of giving you the updates you're waiting for, and that's got to be frustrating. Just imagine how we feel not being able to talk about what we're working on!

But, unsurprisingly, we continue to put a lot of work into things long before you'll ever see them. 1Password for Teams is a good example of that, and the same is true of any significant release, such as a redesign or new features. When you know, it's obvious. But it's something to keep in mind for the future: everything we do is not public from day one. :)

@ntimo: Indeed, we've been doing mainly internal testing of many of our apps lately since they could give away part of the surprise. I know the rest of the team and I are relieved to be able to talk about things more openly and roll out new beta and stable versions of our apps across all platforms. Soon™. ;)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@brenty I can't wait for that. Is soon sometime this or next week? Because I can't wait for it!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ntimo: Haha, you know that even if I knew I couldn't say. But in this case I legitimately don't know for certain when a new public beta will be available...but I can tell you we're at least as eager to get one out to you are you are to use it! :chuffed:

• droid
    droid
    Community Member

C'mon guys it is time now for a modern android application. The current release is sucking greatly from a UX and design point of view.

• Our developers are hard at work right now on a number of changes to 1Password on Android, and Material Design is definitely at the top of the list of things we'd like to have finished soon. Keep posted!

• droid
    droid
    Community Member

Grml I'd hoped to not read "soon" again in combination with Android.

• We wish we could promise things faster, but we always want to make sure we get things right before launching. Also, I'm not sure if you noticed, but we are also working on 1Password for Teams and we want to make sure Android users are able to share the love with their teammates too:)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

What is taking you so long ?

@sameerchavan: Good things come to those who wait. :lol:

Why are you deprioritizings android.

We're not! :chuffed:

But you are so backward. Your search is the most stupid design have have ever seen. Its hidden deep inside and i have to remember which screen shows that search box.

Thanks for the feedback! While that's a subjective assessment if I've ever seen one, there's definitely room for improvement. I think you'll like what we have in store for you. ;)

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@sameerchavan I have to say I like your idear :+1: about the survey.

• obront
    obront
    Community Member

yes! what @Stanzilla said

@brenty ... you did give a date. on may 28th you said "We will be adding support for fingerprint unlock to 1Password for Android when Android M launches later this year!" https://blog.agilebits.com/2015/05/28/fingerprint-unlock-coming-to-1password-for-android/

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

If 10 people are telling you that search is bad design and its hidden deep inside, you should not call them subjective feedback.

@sameerchavan: You used the words "backward" and "stupid". I think "subjective" is a fair assessment. I did acknowledged that we have some work to do on search, but I can't say more than that about our future plans. :(

you did give a date. on may 28th you said "We will be adding support for fingerprint unlock to 1Password for Android when Android M launches later this year!"

@obront: That doesn't look like a date to me, but I do understand where you're coming from. Sorry for the confusion! Android M is out, and we'll release an update when it's finished.

I'm sorry that you've all had to wait so long, but hopefully you'll agree that getting it right is more important that just getting it done. Thanks so much for continuing to push us to make 1Password awesome! :blush:

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@brenty But maybe you could share a new screenshot of the new design? ;) Just to make the wating easier ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2015

@ntimo: I absolutely would, but the survival instinct is just too strong. :silenced:

Edit: I know you're all very anxious for a new version of 1Password for Android. Just imagine how anxious we are to share what we've been working on! :ohnoes:

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@brenty come on just one image please, I beg you.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ntimo: Look. I get it. I'm the messenger so I'm the natural target for retribution as the wait grows longer. You demand a sacrifice. But I wanna live! :cry:

That said, I can share this redacted mockup of the new design. Unfortunately there isn't much that isn't top secret, but if you insist...

I promise that you'll be much, much happier with the final version once it's released! :eh:

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@brenty sorry I didn't meant to be rude to you. You are doing an amazing job. And I think its hard for you to be not allowed to tell everyone even if you would like to.

• ntimo
    ntimo
    Community Member

@brenty I like the red ;) :silenced:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ntimo: No offense taken! I was making a joke at my own expense, since my days may be numbered if I share things I'm not supposed to. :scream: Of course, it's difficult to get that across in a forum post. I'll have to work on that. :blush:

@sameerchavan: Unfortunately I don't think that red is the direction we're headed...but maybe that would make a good Easter Egg! I'm sorry that I don't have anything more substantial to share right now. As you can imagine, I'm looking forward to the day when the new 1Password for Android can run free. :innocent:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I see... :sarcastic:

• jesse
    jesse
    Community Member

You can catch a slightly less redacted peek of it in the Vine video they posted on the Blog. Looking good!

• Start the dancing. :lol: :+1:

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

You guys do realize that post was written back in may right? Im sure a LOT has changed since then

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:silenced:

• EnerJi
    EnerJi
    Community Member

@jesse Still no persistent search? Good lord if that's the final look I will be severely disappointed.

This discussion has been closed.