How do I input the 1Password license onto my iPhone? My company was given a code to use.

Options
akwong
akwong
Community Member

the company i work for was given a license code but i cant find where to input that license code on my iphone.

How do I add that license code to my iOS device.

1Password Version: 6.1.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:ios/, ug:ios/settings-pro-features, ug:ios/, kb:add-license

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member
    Options

@akwong - Licenses for 1 Password are sold separately per individual and per platform. Because iOS and OS X are separate platforms, your Mac license won't provide access to 1Password for iOS.

On the other hand, 1Password is free to download and use in its basic form from the iTunes App Store. If you find you want or need the more advanced Pro features, those are unlocked by an in-app purchase. That, again, is completely independent of any licenses you may have for other platforms.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @akwong,

If you were given a code I'm not even sure if that would be for Mac either. We haven't used a licence key/code since 1Password 3 - 1Password 4 & 5 with use a licence file.

As hawkmoth covered though, 1Password for iOS uses the freemium model meaning the iOS app can be downloaded for free and that some features are behind a one-off, in-app purchase.

I would maybe confirm with work what they've sent you in case there has been some confusion.

This discussion has been closed.