I cannot access my 1password 5 after a recent upgrade. Am running El Capitan.

Options
christinad
christinad
Community Member

I had a problem with 1pass 4 when I first upgraded to El Cap so I upgraded to 1pass 5. I am running system 10.11.1. I have 1pass 5 installed. Safari 9.0.01. It worked with the ext until yesterday (except the autofill feature) when I hit the 1pass upgrade button that appeared on my desktop. After the extension didn't work, and then I was unable to even open the application. I noticed I still have 2 other versions of 1password in my applications folder. Not sure why. Afraid to trash as I don't want to lose any info. Can you help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How can I get a question answered if I can't get the system to send me confirmation email?

Comments

• buzz1932
    buzz1932
    Community Member
    Options

Mark down

• buzz1932
    buzz1932
    Community Member
    Options

What is a markdown

• christinad
    christinad
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. I already asked this question elsewhere, but haven't received an answer. I think the same thing is happening for me. System 10.11.1, Safari 9.0.1 and 1pass 5 (can't even open it so can't find version). It worked until I upgraded something related to 1pass yesterday evening that popped up on my screen needing to be updated. Now the ext doesn't work, can't even open up 1pass. Please help. My passwords are being held hostage.

• christinad
    christinad
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same problem. Same system, same updates. Heeeeeelp!

• christinad
    christinad
    Community Member
    Options

Not sure what you are referring to?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @christinad,

Okay, I've just split and merged your comments spanning three different threads. When requesting support, which we really do want you to do if you're having trouble, it's best to make a single post. If you post in multiple locations you might end up with several people asking you to do different things are asking the same questions of you over and over again and the likely result is it takes longer to get things working. For example a post of mine that I've now deleted asked for confirmation of if the main application could be opened at all because you were posting in a thread that was referring to issues specifically with the extension. If I had seen your thread first I would have known that you can't open the application which of course would mean the extension won't work.

So multiple copies of 1Password can affect things as 1Password mini is a process that OS X starts on our behalf. We can't say open this specific copy of 1Password mini, instead we have to rely on OS X opening the right one. The only way to achieve this is for there to be only one copy of 1Password for Mac.

Here is what I would like you to do please.

I would like you to create a Diagnostic Report please. This guide will assist.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+forum@agilebits.com.

When sending the diagnostic report to the address above it would help immensely if you could include a link to this thread and your forum handle so we can connect the two.

Once you've sent the report a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. The diagnostic report will allow us to see what vaults exist (but not the contents) as we'll need to prune down the number of copies of the 1Password application and ensure the correct vault is being used. Once we've done that I'm confident things will start working again.

This discussion has been closed.