1Password app installed on my iPhone and wife's iPhone.... can't remember her PIN. What now?

jballay
jballay
Community Member

I'm looking for some clarification on what will happen if I delete the 1Password app on my wife's iPhone, running iOS 8.xx, since she can't remember her PIN. My 1Password app, version 6.1.1 on iOS 9.1, is working perfectly on my phone.

We only have one vault that resides and syncs via Dropbox.

Will our vault be deleted if I delete the app on her phone?

Any specifics you can share on how I should handle this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jballay
    jballay
    Community Member

Ultimately, I'd like to get her setup again w/ 1Password on her phone so she can access our shared vault.

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

@jballay - Deleting the application from the iPhone will delete the locally stored data, but it will not delete the data in Dropbox. You would just have your wife delete it from her iPhone and download a fresh copy under the same Apple ID she used to get it originally. When she opens it the first time, she will be asked if she used 1Password before. When she answers in the affirmative, she will be asked where the data are stored and follow the prompts to point to the Dropbox account. She will need to enter the master password for that vault, but everything will return to her phone after that. It's reasonably quick, but do allow a few minutes to be sure everything has made it across.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, you'll need to known the Master Password for the vault, but syncing it bak will allow you to setup the app itself again. please let us know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.