What is the Agile1pService.exe Windows service for?

bege
bege
Community Member
edited April 2011 in 1Password 4 for Windows
Hi,

After having updated to version 1.0.5.188 I found among the Windows services a 1Password service (Agile1pService.exe). I don't think it has been there before.
What is it for?

Regards

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    bege wrote:

After having updated to version 1.0.5.188 I found among the Windows services a 1Password service (Agile1pService.exe). I don't think it has been there before.

It keeps your 1Password keychain unlocked when you close down (and then re-launch) your web browser, assuming you have enabled this service here: File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Browsers
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    This is a great question, bege, so I hope you won't mind that I modified the title slightly to make it easier to find for others who might wonder the same thing.

Thanks!
  • pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited April 2011
    It keeps your 1Password keychain unlocked when you close down (and then re-launch) your web browser, assuming you have enabled this service here: File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Browsers

Hi,

Just to clarify for me - is this referring to the "leave extensions unlocked when browsers are closed" option? Also with this option enabled (and the browser closed), will the extension still lock after the specified amount of inactivity?

Thanks again, Paul
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    pbryanw wrote:

...is this referring to the "leave extensions unlocked when browsers are closed" option?

Yes.

...with this option enabled (and the browser closed), will the extension still lock after the specified amount of inactivity?

Not in my experiments, Paul.

I set the time-out to 1 minute and enabled the "keep extensions unlocked" option.

When I launched a browser about five minutes after having closed all browsers, the extension remained unlocked.

Note: I happened to launch a browser again after quite a bit more time had passed, and the extension was locked; but that appears to be related to a previously fixed bug, in which the extensions were auto-locking at 20 minutes, despite the "lock after N minutes" option being disabled. It seems that enabling the "keep extensions unlocked" option unfixes the fix and may even unlock the extensions as a side effect. We'll look into that.
  • pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited April 2011
    I set the time-out to 1 minute and enabled the "keep extensions unlocked" option.

When I launched a browser about five minutes after having closed all browsers, the extension remained unlocked.

Note: I happened to launch a browser again after quite a bit more time had passed, and the extension was locked; but that appears to be related to a previously fixed bug, in which the extensions were auto-locking at 20 minutes, despite the "lock after N minutes" option being disabled. It seems that enabling the "keep extensions unlocked" option unfixes the fix and may even unlock the extensions as a side effect. We'll look into that.

Thanks for your speedy & informative reply (as usual), and for looking into this for me.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks, Paul! We do our best. :)
This discussion has been closed.