Wallet filled in wrong Credit Card Expiry Date

Having a bit of a chequered run here with 1Password...

I tried Wallet for the first time in Firefox (3.6.16), filling in Mastercard details. It inserted all data OK except for Expiry date. For some reason it came up with 07/2017 when it should have been 08/2012. Obviously I checked the wallet again and sure enough it does have 08/2012. The date in the form was a select field (not text) if that makes any difference.

Cheers
Patrick

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2011
    Patrick, with the millions of web sites coded by thousands of developers to hundreds of different "standards" (few of them actually standardized), it's a never-ending effort to perfect the form-filling logic.

Please know that we're working hard to do just that, and we believe you'll be happy with the improvements in future releases.

In the meantime, if you can post an example URL, we'll try to see what can be learned from it.

Thanks so much for your assistance!
  • newbietoo
    newbietoo
    Community Member
    Hi David,

OK will do, unfortunately the examples to date (I've since had further occurrences) are all logged-in sites so I can't give you the details. If I come up with one then I will. But I haven't had a clean fill yet

Hear what you say about browsers but just BTW I've been using Roboform for many many years and even on the most complex forms e.g. upwards of 15-20 fields, cannot recall the last time I had an inaccurate fill.

So why am I using 1Password? You may ask. Well, I need Android direct login and RF doesn't provide that unless you use their passwords in the cloud model...and I'm not going there. I like your Login functionality, but Wallet still has a ways to go; I look forward to seeing those 'futures' you mention.

Cheers,
    Patrick
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    I guess the key phrase is "I've been using Roboform for many many years." 1Password for Windows is about five months old, and it definitely has some growing up yet to do, particularly in this area.

I agree that Roboform has very good form-filling accuracy. I have faith in our developers, though, and I'm confident that we'll get there, too.

In the meantime, there's much to love about 1Password, and we really do appreciate your patience!
  • bege
    bege
    Community Member
    Hi,

I have used the Wallet Auto-Type for credit card information twice on different websites. Both times the same error happened: The expiry year was filled correctly, the month was wrong. 1Password filled in the month "valid from".

The problem with sending a link is the same as newbietoo mentioned already: you need to be logged in to reach the credit card transaction.

Regards
  • Mezzanine
    Mezzanine
    Community Member
    +1

I've also seen this a few times recently with CC transactions that request both valid from and expiry. The stored expiry date is filled across both fields as described by bege below but the stored valid from is not used at all.

I use the Chrome extension, usually on a Mac so this may not be the best place to discuss...

Regards,
    Mezzanine.

bege wrote:

Hi,

I have used the Wallet Auto-Type for credit card information twice on different websites. Both times the same error happened: The expiry year was filled correctly, the month was wrong. 1Password filled in the month "valid from".

The problem with sending a link is the same as newbietoo mentioned already: you need to be logged in to reach the credit card transaction.

Regards
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Mezzanine wrote:

I use the Chrome extension, usually on a Mac so this may not be the best place to discuss...

Well, it happens that the Mac and Windows editions of the 1Password extension for Chrome are virtually identical; but normally, yeah, it'd be better to post 1Password for Mac issues in the 1Password 3 support forum.
  • bege
    bege
    Community Member
    on ebay.de the credit card expiry date remains empty with 1Password
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    bege wrote:

on ebay.de the credit card expiry date remains empty with 1Password

I clicked around on ebay.de but could not find a credit card form. Do you happen to have a more specific URL?
  • bege
    bege
    Community Member

I clicked around on ebay.de but could not find a credit card form. Do you happen to have a more specific URL?

Of course, you must be logged in.
    Here https://arbd.ebay.de...?SetupCCPayment one can setup the payment for vendors' fees.
    There the expiry date doesn't remain empty but is filled with the date "valid from" as mentioned in a different post (if the expiry date is filled in, it is always the "valid from" date).

The mentioned problem happened when paying a bought item with paypal. So I cannot send you a link, because you need to by an item first to get to the cc form.
    If this is still the case I cannot tell because I didn't buy anything via ebay since.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    bege wrote:

Here https://arbd.ebay.de...?SetupCCPayment one can setup the payment for vendors' fees. There the expiry date doesn't remain empty but is filled with the date "valid from" as mentioned in a different post (if the expiry date is filled in, it is always the "valid from" date).

1.0.9.243 is supposed to fix this. Can you please download 1.0.9.243 and confirm the fix? Thanks!
  • bege
    bege
    Community Member

1.0.9.243 is supposed to fix this. Can you please download 1.0.9.243 and confirm the fix? Thanks!

243 is not available for update yet.
    In 242 it's the same as described.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    bege wrote:

243 is not available for update yet.

You can download 243 here: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/win/release_notes
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Note that you may need to restart Windows after running the installer downloaded from that page.
  • bege
    bege
    Community Member

(y)
    (party)
    (beer)
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    :D

We'll take that as a "confirmed"!
  • thoughtcroft
    edited December 2011
    I am using 244 in Windows and I find that the expiry date is always incorrect, it enters one month too early i.e. my expiry is 07/12 it entered 06/12...

Here's an example: https://selfserve.my...54&AmtDue=58.68
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forum, thoughtcroft!

The extensions for Chrome and Safari fill the expiration date correctly, but the extensions for Firefox and Safari do, indeed, submit the month PRIOR to what's saved in the Credit Card item in 1Password.

I'll report it to the developer immediately.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

I am using 244 in Windows and I find that the expiry date is always incorrect, it enters one month too early i.e. my expiry is 07/12 it entered 06/12...

Fixed in 1.0.9.252
  • kimaldis
    kimaldis
    Community Member

I don't think I've ever had 1Password correctly fill out my credit card details on any form, it's usually the dates it gets wrong but the security code is often wrong too. On the other hand, without rally wanting to hit the smug button, Roboform has quite happily nailed it on every site I've used it for the past couple of months. I'd prefer to carry on using 1Password, I'm used to it and as someone already mentioned, cloud storage of passwords just plain frightens me but surely there must be a more general solution than just hard coding every possible internet variation of a credit card form?

Sorry to resurrect this after so long but it seemed relevant.

• kimaldis
    kimaldis
    Community Member

A solution to the whole behind a password problem might be to do a save page as and email the result off to you? I have one here for British Gas which fails, if you'd like.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Credit card filling works well for me on pretty much every site where I use it. I know it works well on Amazon, Drugstore.com, etc. With trillions of sites on the Internet it can be tricky to fill them all perfectly, but we can't improve unless we are made aware of it. As you pointed out yourself, this is a very old thread. I won't say that there haven't been any filling issues reported since the last post here two years ago, but it is obviously not a huge issue for the majority of 1Password users. We'd love to take a look at the specific site where you are having trouble and see how we can improve 1Password.

1. What's the exact URL of the page where you are trying to fill a credit card? (We have folks on the team who likely have British Gas accounts.) :)
    2. What exactly is the issue? Is a field being filled incorrectly? Or just not filled at all? Which field? Specific details are really helpful especially if we do end up requesting that you email us the source of the page.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.