Occasional crashes on Windows 10

nuttello
nuttello
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Using my default dropbox synced opvault and trying to open 1Password causes it to crash randomly.

It happens when I key in my master password, the vault unlocking animation appears and I can see my entries but they sometimes do not have their favicons associated with them. Either case 1Password will just crash/close on its own after a few seconds upon unlocking. The app is unresponsive at all during these few seconds.

On times when it doesn't crash it works as per normal. But usually this entails going through a start app/unlock vault/app crash/start app cycle before it is able to open normally. I'd say the success rate of it not crashing once the vault is unlocked is about 20%.

It shouldn't matter but I also happen to be running this on a virtual machine.

On the whole the app is looking pretty slick, but I really miss extension support for Edge.

1Password Version: 1.15.5.290
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 10162
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Thanks for sharing details @nuttello, we will check networking code one more time before the next release.

• Kaiyuan
    Kaiyuan
    Community Member

I also encountered the same situation.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.592
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Win 10 Pro Insider Preview Build 10565
    Sync Type: Dropbox

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2015

@Kaiyuan, please send us a log/crash report if it happens again. (In the app, choose Settings > Help > Support, and choose one of the options in the menu that appears.)

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.