Synchronization got broken after I started using 1Password for teams

Options
averyanov
averyanov
Community Member
edited November 2015 in Business and Teams

For some years I have had 1Password as a personal password storage tool.

All my devices run the latest system software. I have:

• two laptops with OSX 10.11.1 (15B42)
  • one iPhone with iOS 9.1

All these devices (if my memory serves me right) used iCloud for synchronization.

About a week ago I decided to try 1Password for teams and:

• installed beta version of OSX software (1Password 5 Version 5.5.BETA-27 (550027)) on both laptops;
  • enabled team account in settings.

This week I noticed that:

• synchronization between laptops is broken (new entries seem to be stored locally);
  • synchronization between laptops and ios is broken too;
  • synchronization via iCloud is unavailable.

I would like to find out what caused this and what I have to do to return to normal sync via iCloud.

PS
What I would NOT like to do is to use Dropbox for synchronization: this will be just an extra external dependency instead of built-in iCloud.

1Password Version: 5.5.BETA-27 (550027)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.11.1 (15B42) & iOS 9.1
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

@averyanov

iCloud syncing is only available through the App Store version of 1Password. Apple only allows apps sold through the App Store to use iCloud syncing. By installing the beta you removed iCloud from the equation. The beta is an entirely separate app from the one in the App Store.

At this point the staff would need more information to direct you in your course of action. You can obviously go back to iCloud syncing but for the time being you would loose teams functionality. Or the reverse is true also.

The third option is to move to teams completely but that may not be to your liking either.

I would recommend emailing the staff so they may better be able to help you. If they pop in and can help you via this topic, no harm no foul. That email will never hurt things and gets you into the support system quicker even if you don't need it.

support@agilebits.com *Please include a link to this topic so they can connect the dots.

• averyanov
    averyanov
    Community Member
    Options

@thightower thanks a lot for such a detailed advice.

• rdouma
    rdouma
    Community Member
    Options

I actually have seen the same problem with the vaults we sync via Dropbox on the two computers (OSX 10.10 and 10.11) I added 1Password 5 with support for Teams (I will check a third device tomorrow with 10.10). The Dropbox link was disabled for all local vaults. It was easy enough to enable it; I could simply reselect the .agilekeychain file and allow it to merge and it worked, but in hindsight I should have mentioned it.

• Hi @rdouma ,

The sync issue may have been due to the "All Vaults" features rather than teams. The Teams and "All Vaults" appeared at roughly the same time. If you see this again, please let us know.

Regards,
    Kevin

• rdouma
    rdouma
    Community Member
    Options

Aha, that's possible of course @ag_kevin. For me they were introduced at the exact same moment. I doubt I'll see it again as I'm out of team members to add that already used 1Password. ;-)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rdouma: There's also a known issue where vaults will not be able to sync automatically when All Vaults is selected. We're working on an update to address this. Sorry for any trouble this has caused!

• rdouma
    rdouma
    Community Member
    Options

It was not a big deal @brenty, and I do understand we're looking at beta software. Bugs are expected. As long as they're not corrupting data and I can in the end access it, I'm perfectly happy.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Good to hear, @rdouma! Thanks for understanding, and for providing feedback as you help us test the public beta of Teams! :) Much appreciated.

• rdouma
    rdouma
    Community Member
    Options

Glad to participate @vee, and props to all of you for being so communicative. I always use you guys as one of shining beacons for pleasant customer support.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Wow. Thank you so much for the compliment! We strive to deserve you and the rest of our awesome customers. We couldn't do what we do without your support, and we're grateful for the opportunity to interact with you all daily! :blush:

This discussion has been closed.