Cannot log into www.itau.com.br (Banco Itaú) if 1Password Extension is enabled

nlunardelli
nlunardelli
Community Member
edited January 2016 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi every time I need to access my online bank, I need to disable 1Password.
the bank wed site is: https://www.itau.com.br
after entering my account info, it send me to a new page where there is a virtual keyboard to input a password and then to a new page where I need to input a token, here is the problem, if I have 1Pass extension off, works fine, but if it is enable, it does not work.
usually the token can be from more than one source, and that is the problem, in my opinion.

is there any chance to you to solve this problem?

I can help you, just tel me what to do, what kind info you need!

Thank you,

Nico

1Password Version: 5.3(530029)
Extension Version: 4.4.2
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:itau

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @nlunardelli,

Can you try uninstalling the stable version of our extension please and then download the beta version. Does the beta version help at all or does it behave the same? You can find our extensions at https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions and to download the beta need to first click the Enable betas link before you click on the Install button.

• nlunardelli
    nlunardelli
    Community Member

Hi it does not work, still having problems.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nlunardelli,

I am sorry for not replying earlier. This is a tough one. I may need to talk to one of the developers on how to proceed as it seems like their JavaScript and our JavaScript are clashing but given it's either the second or third page of a bank I'm uncertain as to how we will proceed. We haven't forgotten about you, it's just I think this one is going to be very tricky because of access :(

• nlunardelli
    nlunardelli
    Community Member

Ok, let me know if you need my help

• Will do @nlunardelli. Sorry I don't have any good news to report at the moment, the devs are busy with an armful of important tasks meaning they've been preoccupied of late.

• lesantos
    lesantos
    Community Member

Hi, I am having the exact same problem. The funny thing is that I don't use password to store my bank passwords, so 1 password should not interfere with the site. My suggestion: create a site list where the extension is automatically turned off so it would not interfere with them.

Just one extra observation: the problem is persistent among safari and chrome on the mac.

Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @lesantos,

The issue doesn't seem to relate to anything you might have stored in 1Password and doesn't require that you use the 1Password extension. For reasons still unknown the mere existence of our extension is somehow interfering with the JavaScript that the pages uses. When our extension, and for that matter any extension, is enabled each tab opened results in a part of the extension loaded into the tab and registered with certain listeners. If we didn't do this the extension couldn't work at all. So it's literally just the presence of our code, sitting there doing nothing that causes this issue. This is made all the tricker but there is no easy way for our developers to see the page and JavaScript in question.

I shall pass your thoughts onto the developers as I am not experienced enough with JavaScript and browser extensions to comment on the viability of your suggestion. I see your logic, it's more about if we have that level of control or not (genuinely no idea).

• lesantos
    lesantos
    Community Member

Great! Thanks for your response and let me know if I can help, somehow.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

I will :smile: and thank you for the offer of assistance.

• bgbraga
    bgbraga
    Community Member

Hi,

I'm a new 1Pass customer. I'm using 1Pass to manage my passwords but none related with my bank account.
    Nevertheless I'm not having success to use my bank account (Itau that is the biggest Private bank in Brazil) with 1Pass.

One step in my bank account to aprove transaction is fill a field with a random code that is sent to my by SMS or bank mobile app or a phisical key ring that is changing the password time by time.

So I will never use 1Pass to control that because it is impossible to know that random code.

BUT for any reason when I'm filling my random code of type "SMS" or "mobile app code" and clicking in submit, 1Pass is changing the focus of that web page app to the last field in that page. So it is selecting a different type of code (key ring) and my code is not recognizing.

For any reason 1Pass browser plug-in is focusing in some fields of my bank page and it is implacting in use it.
    If it disable 1Pass web browser plug-in my bank transactions start to work again.

How can I send a video showing the problem?

1Password Version: 5.4
    Extension Version: 4.4.4
    OS Version: OSX 10.11.2
    Sync Type: iCloud

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bgbraga,

Firstly I apologise that it took so long to reply to you. As you'll notice I've also merged your post with others on this topic as you aren't the first to report this.

I don't have any good news to report except to say we do believe you when you say you have a problem. I'm getting better at being able to determine the cause on sites that I can investigate but the trouble with this site is there is no way to reach the problematic page unless we have an account there. It's for this reason I always sigh a little when I see it's a bank because my ability to help is limited unless somebody here has an account and we really do want to help and have the extension work everywhere (at the very least not interfere). Hopefully one of our more experienced developers might be able to come up with something inspired just from having knowing what might be the cause. It's a bit of a long shot though :(

ref: OPX-1100

• nlunardelli
    nlunardelli
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables if you have time, I could try to help you, could be through TeamViewer fro an exemple.

• bgbraga
    bgbraga
    Community Member

I'm also available for a remote session.
    If the save complete page helps I can do that too.

What I see using Firefox + 1Pass is the last textfield on the page is getting an unsolicited focus. So the bank is thinking that I would like to fill that field but it is not right.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nlunardelli & @bgbraga,

That's kind offers from both of you and I've added this offer to the bug report. Given the issue it might be we do need to call upon your generous offer but I'm going to leave that to the developer as if we were to take up your time I'd like for it to be as efficient as possible while sometimes I feel like an ape bashing two stones together :tongue:

• bgbraga
    bgbraga
    Community Member

Any news about that?
    It is a bug and impacting the usage of 1Password.
    If you would like more info, let me know.

If you don't know how to fix it, please add some feature to disable 1Password for some site. So I could include www.itau.com.br in a list where 1Password will be disabled.

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Hi, folks. I'm sorry for the trouble you're having with itau.com.br. As @littlebobbytables mentioned, it's tough to diagnose these pages when the problem occurs only after providing credentials that get you to this page. I did want to mention that given the extension frameworks we're working with, we cannot allow for a list of sites to disable 1Password by the user's preference. The reason is that for Safari in particular, the extension has to declare when it is built which sites it should be enabled or disabled on. Chrome and Firefox are a little more flexible here, but it would be confusing to have a place in 1Password to say, "Disable the extension on these sites," and then have that not work in the most popular browser on the platform. I hope that makes sense why it's not a viable solution.

As for figuring out the real issue and identifying a good fix, we have a conversation going in our email channel, and I will continue the discussion there. We will post back here with updates as they become available.

Thanks!

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits

This discussion has been closed.