Interface sluggishness

Options
sashk
sashk
Community Member
edited December 2015 in iOS

Didn't expect to say this, but I'm starting to feel annoyed at interface sluggishness of the latest beta versions of 6.2.

• We've always were forced to wait through all these animations, which annoys hell out of me, but it's fine. Now, on my year-old iPhone 6 it takes twice of time (there is a delay before and after animation).
  • I've complained a lot about sluggish search - I was promised to get this fixed for year or more, but we still showing me results which have word I'm searching in the description rather then show me title or url first. This is getting annoying, very annoying and I'm getting angry!

• I'm searching for "hotmail", but first result is always item, which somehow managed to get hotmail into password. This is crazy!
  • on my iPad mini 2, rotated into landscape mode, field to enter password is twice wider, than the round button and is much-much slower than my iPhone 6.

• 1Password is VERY-VERY-VERY slow on iPad w/ retina display.

So here is what I'd like to see:

1. Ability to disable animation in order to save couple seconds each time I open 1Password.
  2. Make some improvements in speed on older devices, not make sure it just work on current top devices.
  3. Fix the search, because it adds annoyance to the sluggishness of 1Password.

I feel this is wrong on my part to complain every time about an app, which I bough couple years ago and still getting free updates, but this is essential application I depend on and use very frequently, so I need it not to waste my time. Therefore, please add an in-app purchase to support the team – I feel, I own you much more than I paid.

Thank you.

1Password Version: 6.2.620009
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Good afternoon, @sashk. Thanks for taking the time to write in with your feedback. I am sorry to hear about your frustration. I hope you don't mind if I take your points bullet by bullet below:

We've always were forced to wait through all these animations, which annoys hell out of me, but it's fine. Now, on my year-old iPhone 6 it takes twice of time (there is a delay before and after animation).

It sounds like you may be getting hit with a bug that some other folks have reported where the lock screen takes a long time to dismiss. If you're able I'd love to see a video of what kind of delays you're seeing here (provided your video reveals no sensitive information, of course).

I've complained a lot about sluggish search - I was promised to get this fixed for year or more, but we still showing me results which have word I'm searching in the description rather then show me title or url first. This is getting annoying, very annoying and I'm getting angry!

I have heard you on this one and just finished up a large retooling of search in 1Password. You should see some big improvements in Friday's beta that I think will make you quite happy.

on my iPad mini 2, rotated into landscape mode, field to enter password is twice wider, than the round button and is much-much slower than my iPhone 6.

Does this still happen in the latest beta? I made some changes to correct this, but it's possible that I missed a case. Could you provide a screenshot?

1Password is VERY-VERY-VERY slow on iPad w/ retina display.

I'm assuming you're talking about the iPad 3? Could you give me some details about what things are slow?

I feel this is wrong on my part to complain every time about an app

Absolutely not. You should complain. Heck, as a beta tester t's expected that you'll complain! Your complaints are a large part of how we know what to fix! 1Password is only as good as the feedback we get from awesome folks like you. So please, never stop complaining. We may need to be reminded once, twice, or ten times before we get it, but we do listen and we do appreciate it all.

• Good morning @sashk. Glad you like the new search functionality!

In terms of the delayed launch, I will continue to work on that issue. If you get any more concrete evidence please pass it along.

This discussion has been closed.