Cannot sync between Mac OS and iOS (and previous tips dont help)

Options
tokyo12
tokyo12
Community Member

Hello,

I am running mac OS Yosemite and cannot sync to my iOS running the latest versins. I have even tried the direct network connection. I have read the previous articles and cannot see any more tips to help. I cant use iCloud as I bought the app from you (unless iCloud sync does not appear for some other reason!)

Any suggestions will be most appreciated, I really need to synch!

Thanks!
Tokyo user.

1Password Version: Latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Yosemite
Sync Type: Wifi

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@tokyo12 I'm unclear what you have already tried but wonder whether you have seen this knowledge base article and tried what is suggested there:

Wi-Fi Sync is not working

If you still have a problem please tell us:

• What version of 1P for Mac you are using (the link will tell you how to find that information—"latest version" means different things to different people)
    • Your OS X version number
    • What version of 1Password for iOS you are using (the link will tell you how to find that information)
    • Your iOS version number
    • Specifically, what happens when you try to sync using wifi. Do you see any error message? If so, please tell us exactly what it says.

Stephen

• tokyo12
    tokyo12
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your quick answer.

I am using v 5.4.1 (541003) purchased from the Agile Web Store.

ios: v 9.1

on iOS when I go to sync I just see " Items #" and nothing below it. So it doesnt see my wifi server running on my laptop.

I have tried everything in the article above including a private network.

Only thing I can think of having in my network at home is 2 airports, one of which is in a relay mode, to extend the connection. Both the laptop and the ios device are connected to the "extension" airport.

Regards.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tokyo12,

Thank you for the details! I think I understand what's happening - in 1Password 6 for iOS, we added a new "All Vaults" feature which allows you to view items from multiple vaults in the same view (in the Categories section, for example). It sounds like you have multiple vaults set up in 1Password on your iOS device and are in the "All Vaults" view, which unfortunately causes some confusion on the Settings > Sync screen because it only shows an item number. Here's what you'll need to do:

• In 1Password on your iOS device, go to the Categories section.
    • Tap the vault icon in the upper left corner and choose the Primary vault.
    • Go back to the main Settings screen in 1Password, then tap Sync.

Now you should see the sync settings for the Primary vault, and you can continue to follow the steps to set up Wi-Fi Sync. Does that help at all? I apologize for the confusion, and we're working on improving those settings so it's easier/clearer in the future. Let us know how it goes, thanks! :)

• tokyo12
    tokyo12
    Community Member
    Options

Hi there,

Sorry for my late reply. That was it! I am happily synched now. Thank you for your diagnosis and solution.

Regards,

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tokyo12,

On behalf of Drew, you're very welcome! Thanks for following up with the good news. We're glad to hear sync is working for you now! :)

Hopefully all is well from here on out, but you know where to find us if you have any other questions we can help you with. Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.